Medication Error Lawyers
Whether it was for a headache or for something far more serious — we’ve all depended on pharmaceutical drugs for some purpose or another, at some point in our lives. Doctors rely on drugs to treat patients too. Patients, in turn, trust that doctors and other health care providers know what they’re doing when they prescribe or administer a drug.
What is sometimes forgotten by patients, doctors, nurses, pharmacists and others is that modern medicines are not magic potions. They are, in fact, dangerous manufactured chemical combinations that can cause not only powerful beneficial health effects, but also deadly overdoses or allergic reactions as well.
The wrong drug. The wrong dosage. The wrong amount of time. The wrong patient. Any drug can be dangerous under any of these circumstances. If you are in the Memphis Tri-State Area and would like to speak to a lawyer about a medication error and the possibility of filing a lawsuit — contact Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLCfor a free consultation.
By the Numbers
Did you know…
- Medical errors claim as many as 98,000 lives per year in America and are the 8th leading cause of death
- Up to 7,000 of these deaths can be attributed to adverse reactions to medication
- There are approximately 1.25 million medication errors in the U.S. each year
- About 39% of medication errors occur during the ordering process, 12% during the order verification process, 11% during the preparation and dispensing process and 38% occur at administration
- Almost one in five medication doses administered in hospitals is given in error
- Adverse drug events cost the UNited States $37.6 billion each year and about $17 billion of those costs are associated with preventable errors
- The average jury award for medication error cases is $636,844
Experience That Makes a Difference
Since 1970, attorneys at the law firm of Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC have been helping people recover the compensation they deserve for injuries and other losses caused by medical negligence. This nearly 40-year track record of success is no accident. It is the direct result of experience, consistent hard work, continuing education, state-of-the-art research methods, ethical conduct and the total team effort we put into every case.
Learn more about:
- Medical malpractice claims
- Medication errors involving physicians
- Medication errors involving pharmacists
- Dangerous and defective drugs
- Wrongful death lawsuits
For a broader overview of medical negligence issues, see our Medical Malpractice Center.
One Call, That’s All … Dial 901-526-2126 Today
Whether you come to see us in Memphis, Tennessee, or we travel to meet with you in your home or at the hospital —the consultation is free, no strings attached. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day. You can also contact us online at any time.
We handle personal injury and wrongful death claims involving medication errors on a contingency basis; we do not charge any legal fees unless we obtain a settlement or verdict on your behalf.