Motorcyclists are exposed while riding. Having an accident can result in more serious injuries. The chances of motorcyclists dying in an accident are 29 times higher than those of car passengers. It is important to have the right medical and legal team after a motorcycle accident.
The Marion, AR personal injury lawyer at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC, are familiar with the laws that govern motorcycle accidents which differ from those that govern car accidents. In addition, they have experience dealing with insurance companies, accident reconstructionists, and medical experts, and have successfully recovered compensation for injured motorcyclists.
When You’ve Been in a Motorcycle Accident: 6 Steps to Take Immediately
When a driver is involved in an accident, they often experience emotions that cloud their judgment and cause them to be negligent when it comes to taking the proper steps.
After a motorcycle accident, remain calm and follow these steps to prevent further injury:
1. Examine Yourself and Anyone Else Involved for Injuries
Check to see if there are injuries as soon as possible. In the aftermath of an accident, your body will be experiencing a rush of adrenaline. Due to the rush of adrenaline, you may not perceive physical pain as you may not be able to judge whether or not you have been injured.
Verify your body for signs of injury. It is important to do so as it could indicate an internal problem. While waiting for the paramedics to arrive, remain still if there’s an injury. Once you have checked yourself, confirm if anyone else is injured.
2. Photograph the scene
Take pictures of the accident scene and all the vehicles, motorcycles, debris, injuries, and more involved after ensuring that everyone is fine. Attempt to take photos before any items are moved, but if that isn’t possible, take pictures from multiple angles of the motorcycle/car from all angles, as well as the license plates.
3. Contact the Police
For the police to complete an accident report and record the details of the scene, you will need to contact them. If you are involved in an accident of any severity, notify the authorities. Inquire about a copy of the accident report from the police as soon as they arrive.
4. Remove Your Bike from Traffic
Try to move your bike off of the road as soon as it is safe to do so. Oncoming traffic can be harmed if it is left unattended.
5. Share Information
The other driver needs to exchange information with you. As well, if you can, obtain contact information for anyone who witnessed the incident.
If you are asked by the other driver, ask for and provide the following information: full name, phone number, and address; car make, model, color, and license plate number; and the other driver’s insurance policy number.
6. Call Your Insurance Company
Contact your insurance provider as soon as possible so that you can file a claim. If you call as soon as possible, they will ask you detailed questions about the accident.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Do I Need a Lawyer? Turns Out You Could Use One in a Motorcycle Accident
An experienced personal injury lawyer can assist victims of motorcycle accidents in many ways. It will depend on your situation and your needs, but there are a few things that can make lawyers’ fees worthwhile:
- Reducing your stress during your recovery: With an attorney who will handle all aspects of your case, you will experience less stress, spend less time managing legal proceedings, and can focus on your recovery.
- Gathering Evidence Against the Liable Party: Upon hiring a motorcycle accident attorney in Marion, AR, they will set about identifying the responsible party and obtaining evidence that may yield compensation.
- The insurance company and your rights: All insurance company communications will be handled by your attorney, and all paperwork will be supplied properly. You will be less likely to say the wrong thing or to make an error on your legal documents.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
Eligible Compensation from a Motorcycle Accident
Consider two main elements when determining how much compensation to claim after a motorcycle accident. Among the damages you can claim are:
- Pain and suffering, depending on how serious your injuries are
- The cost to replace damaged personal property
- Expenses related to lost earnings, medical care, and travel incurred as a result of injuries
Attend a local medical assessment to determine the extent of your suffering. A local medical professional will be contacted by your solicitor so that you do not have to travel far.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Motorcycle Accident Statistics to Know
Even though motorcycles are incredibly dangerous, there is no getting around them. You can take better precautions to keep yourself safe if you understand how, when, and why accidents happen.
Statistics show that motorcyclists are 28 times more likely to die in traffic accidents than people in passenger cars. In addition, it shows that most motorcycle crashes involve collisions between a motorcycle and another vehicle, especially when the other vehicle turns to the left in front of the motorcycle while it is traveling straight.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) statistics from September 2021 are provided below.
- More than 30% of fatal motorcycle accidents in 2019 involved motorcyclists without valid motorcycle licenses.
- The rate of alcohol impairment for motorcyclists in fatal accidents was higher than that for other types of cars.
- 42% of motorcycle accident victims were alcoholics.
- Motorcyclists who died in nighttime traffic accidents were almost three times more likely to have consumed alcohol than those who died during the day.
- Motorcyclists killed in states without the Universal Helmet Act wore no helmet 57% of the time.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
Common Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
It is possible to develop permanent skin damage such as skin irritations, infections, and surface nerve damage after a motorcycle accident if your skin is not properly treated.
Here are some examples:
- Face: Motorcycle accidents often result in injuries to the face and neck for motorcyclists. Breaks in the nose, fractures of the jaw, and broken teeth are common facial injuries.
- Abdomen: During a motorcycle accident, the force of the impact can seriously injure abdominal organs like the spleen or liver. Injured motorcyclists might not be aware of their injuries until it is too late. Injury to the inside is harder to detect than injury to the outside.
- Spine: Spinal cord injuries can be fatal. Through the nerves in the spinal cord, the brain sends motor commands. Paralysis can be caused by various injuries, such as quadriplegia and complete paralysis of the lower body.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
Contact a Marion, AR Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
It does not matter whether the crash was minor or major – if you were in a motorcycle accident, you will need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. The complexity of motorcycle accidents is one of the reasons to retain an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer to handle your injury claim.
A motorcycle accident lawyer in Marion, AR at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC have a comprehensive understanding of the legal system regarding motorcycle accidents and will guide you through the process with efficiency and skill. Get a free case evaluation today.