The Prevalence of Crashes During the Holiday Season
The holiday season is just a short few weeks away. While it’s a season of joy and good cheer, it’s also known to be the season that sees an uptick in fatal motor vehicle accidents. Read on to view the numbers that demonstrate the prevalence of deadly car crashes during the holiday season.
Holiday Crashes By The Numbers
- 3,273: The average number of traffic fatalities in November between 2013 and 2018.
- 408: The average number of traffic fatalities during the Thanksgiving period from 2013 to 2018.
- From 2013 to 2018, crash fatalities during the Thanksgiving Day holiday period averaged nearly 12.50% of total fatalities in November.
- 3,216: The average number of traffic fatalities in December between 2006 and 2017.
- 297: The average number of traffic fatalities during the Christmas Day period from 2006 to 2017.
- From 2006 to 2017, crash fatalities during the 3-day Christmas Day period averaged 9.2% of all fatalities in December.
- 2,944: The average number of traffic fatalities in January between 2006 and 2018.
- 338: Average number of Traffic fatalities during the New Year’s Day holiday period from 2006 to 2018.
- From 2006 to 2018, crash fatalities during the New Years Day period averaged 11.4% of all fatalities during January.
If You’ve Been Injured in a Car Accident, Contact Us Today.
If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident due to a careless driver, we are here to help you seek justice. Our personal injury lawyers are here to protect your rights and ensure the insurance companies don’t get away with offering lowball settlements that are less than you deserve.
It’s Easy With Montesi! Contact us today at (901) 526-2126 to schedule a consultation and learn your rights.