Mass Tort Attorneys in Memphis
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Helping Thousands of Clients Get Paid since 1970
When corporations that do business on a regional, national, or international scale put profits ahead of the health and welfare of the people who buy or use their products, they cause an enormous amount of pain and hardship.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
What Is Mass Tort Litigation?
Mass tort litigation is when a group of people who have the same complaint against a company or corporation file a civil suit together. The damages awarded are divided among the plaintiffs.
The three main categories of mass tort litigation are:
- Mass disaster torts
- Mass toxic torts
- Product liability torts
Below are a few examples of current mass tort suits:
- Camp Lejeune – The lawsuit is related due to injuries caused by chemicals in the water at Camp Lejeune.
- IVC filters. This is a temporary filter inserted into a large vein that carries deoxygenated blood into the heart. It’s been known to fracture and shift, puncturing the heart and lungs.
- Roundup – The Roundup lawsuit is related to a popular weed killer that was found to cause non–Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Syngenta GMO corn. This lawsuit is related to the commercialization and marketing of Agrisure Viptera and Agrisure Duracade corn seeds.
- Transvaginal mesh. This net-like implant was designed to treat pelvic organ prolapse or stress urinary incontinence. It has been linked to organ damage, chronic pain, bowel and bladder perforation, and urinary problems and infections.
- Xarelto. This drug is a blood thinner linked to uncontrollable internal bleeding and deaths in patients. To learn more, visit our Xarelto page here.
- Zofran. This is a drug typically used for anti-nausea. It was illegally marketed off-label to pregnant women, who then gave birth to deformed babies
In mass tort litigation, a group of people who have been harmed in some way by the actions of a defendant (or several defendants, e.g., asbestos manufacturers) agree to join their individual claims into one lawsuit.
At Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, we seek justice for people who have been harmed by the negligence or indifference of companies doing business in the Memphis Tri-State Area. To learn more about mass tort litigation, class action lawsuits, or other legal options that might be available to you, call (901) 526-2126 or contact our lawyers for a free consultation.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
The Difference That Our Trial Experience Makes
Although many mass torts eventually settle, it is difficult to obtain fair results if the defendants and their insurers are not convinced you have what it takes to beat them in court. With more than 150 years of combined experience and a nearly 50-year track record of successful results in Tennessee, Arkansas, and Mississippi courts, you can trust that our Memphis mass tort lawyers have the knowledge and resources needed to protect your interests.
Our mass tort litigation practice includes:
- Dangerous or defective consumer products (including motor vehicles, appliances, and products made for children)
- Defective medical devices (including defibrillators, DePuy hip replacements, breast implants, catheters, Fentanyl patches, and latex products)
- Dangerous pharmaceutical drugs (including Baycol, Vioxx, Yaz or Yasmin birth control pills, Trasylol, Chantix, Heparin, and Ortho Evra)
- Toxic torts (harms involving environmental pollution or chemical exposures)
- Unlawful employment practices (including Fair Labor Standards Act violations and discrimination claims)
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
One Call, That’s All! Dial (901) 526-2126 Today.
Whether you come to see us in Memphis or we travel to meet with you in your home or at the hospital, the consultation is free — no strings attached. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day. We have a second office located in Olive Branch, Mississippi.
We handle mass tort personal injury cases and class action litigation on a contingency basis. Our mass tort attorneys in Memphis do not receive any legal fees unless we obtain a settlement or verdict award for you.