Memphis Premises Liability Attorney
Accidents and Negligent Property Owners
Whether you’re in a store, at a hotel or in an office building, you have the right to expect that the property is safe or, at the very least, to be warned about any non-obvious hazards that could cause you harm. You’d owe this same duty to a visitor in your home; it’s not an unreasonable burden. Lawyers refer to this general idea as premises liability law.
If you’ve been injured because of an accident or attack that occurred on someone else’s property — you can rely on the law firm of Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, for effective representation in the Memphis Tri-State area of western Tennessee, eastern Arkansas and northern Mississippi.
Injured plaintiffs have the burden of proof in premises liability cases.Unless a thorough, independent investigation gets underway quickly, you may not have the evidence you need to prove your claims. Don’t hesitate to call or contact a Memphis premises liability lawyer today for a free consultation.
Who is Liable?
There are typically four labels that apply to the visitor of the property. You could be classified as
- An Invitee. This means someone who has been invited onto the property or another and implies that the property owner has taken steps to assure the safety of the premises. An example of this is a customer in a store.
- A licensee. This is a person who enters the property for his or her own purpose as a social guest and is there as a guest of and has the consent of the owner
- A social guest that is a welcome visitor to the property
- A trespasser. This is a person who enters the property without any right to do so. In this case, there is no implied promise that the property owner has put in reasonable care to assure the property’s safety.
We Do What It Takes to Protect You
Property owners can be negligent in many different ways.
For example, inadequate lighting in a restaurant or hotel parking lot might lead directly to a violent assault. Similarly, a broken rail or stair riser could cause someone to fall and suffer broken bones or a serious back or head injury. In any case, it is important to notify the business or individual who owns the property and to seek appropriate medical attention. You should also try to take photographs and get the names and contact information of any potential witnesses. Our attorneys can act quickly to do these things for you.
Specific types of premises liability cases we handle include:
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Tripping accidents
- Dog bite injuries
- Injuries related to negligent security
- Playground accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Broken stairs and stairwell accidents/falls down stairs
- Accidents caused by negligent security
Settlement or Trial?
Although most personal injury lawsuits settle, obtaining a fair settlement isn’t likely to happen unless the defendant and its insurers know that you are represented by lawyers who know their way around a courtroom. With more than 150 years of combined experience and a nearly 40-year track record of successful results in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi courts — you won’t have to worry that your claims won’t be taken seriously.
Call a Slip-and-Fall Injury Lawyer at 901-526-2126
Whether you come to see us in Memphis, or we travel to meet with you in your home or at the hospital — the consultation is free, no strings attached. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day. You can also contact us online at any time.
We handle premises liability claims on a contingency basis; we do not charge any legal fees unless we obtain a settlement or verdict on your behalf.