Product Liability Attorneys in Memphis, Tennessee
Holding Manufacturers Accountable
Despite a clear legal duty to make sure that their products are safe, or at the very least not unreasonably dangerous — there is no shortage of new stories about manufacturers who place more value on profits than they do on the health and lives of their customers.
Product Liability Explained
Liability for a defective product could rest with any party associated with the product, or any party in the product’s distribution chain:
- The manufacturer
- A party that assembles or installs the product
- The wholesaler
- The retail store that sold the product to the customer
Under product liability, the plaintiff must prove that the product caused injury or was defective. There are three main types of defects:
- Design defects: These are present in a product from the beginning, before it’s manufactured. This means that there is something about the actual design of the product that is and always has been unsafe.
- Manufacturing defects: These occur when the product is being produced or assembled.
- Marketing defects: These include all the ways the product might be marketed – false advertising, improper labeling, inadequate safety warnings or bad instructions.
Attorneys at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC have been helping people recover just compensation for injuries and other losses caused by defective and unreasonably dangerous products since 1970. Today, we handle cases throughout the Memphis Tri-State Area and are ready to put our experience and resources to work for you.
Defendants, the corporations, in product liability cases have a lot at stake and will do whatever it takes to minimize their losses at your expense. Our law firm has the experience and resources it takes to prevent that and we will do what it takes to protect your interests. If you or a family member has been injured by a dangerous or defective product — call or contact us to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys.
Virtually anything you can buy or use could be the subject of a products liability lawsuit. It could be a household cleaner. It could be the copy machine you use at work. It could be a tainted food product. It may also be a drug or medical device that is supposed to help you. Our law firm handles products liability cases involving these and other consumer and commercial products, including:
- Unsafe motor vehicles (includes tire defect-related accidents, SUVs prone to rollover, and post-collision auto fires caused by fuel line or fuel tank placement errors)
- Defective medical products and devices (includes DePuy hip replacement, breast implants, defibrillators, pain patches and more)
- Dangerous pharmaceutical drugs (including Vioxx, Trasylol, Baycol and Yaz or Yasmin birth control pills)
- Dangerous children’s toys and products (includes fast food restaurant promotional toys, children’s clothing, furniture and playground equipment)
- Defective power tools or equipment (includes grinding machines, lathes, printing presses, farming equipment and other machines as well)
Preserving the Evidence
Whatever type of product your case involves, preserve the product as soon after the accident as possible. If you can’t, our lawyers know what to do and can take immediate action on your behalf.
One Call, That’s All … Dial 901-526-2126 Today
Whether you come to see us in Memphis, Tennessee, or we travel to meet with you in your home or at the hospital —the consultation is free, no strings attached. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day. You can also contact us online at any time.
Verdicts & Settlements:
- Our firm represented the devastated families of a young couple who were prematurely taken from this world as the result of tire and vehicle design and manufacturing defects which abruptly ended their lives. The couple was on their way to obtain a marriage license when the vehicle in which they were passengers — without any warning — flipped and rolled uncontrollably, crushing the roof of the vehicle and killing the engaged couple. Lawsuits based on defective product liability and negligence were filed on behalf of each of the families. Each of the cases was settled. Each settled for an amount in excess of $5,000,000.
View more Verdicts & Settlements
We handle products liability lawsuits on a contingency basis; we do not charge any legal fees unless we obtain a settlement or verdict on your behalf.