Every injury you can suffer is serious. However, a catastrophic injury will have a lasting impact on your life. Catastrophic injuries do not heal and stay with you despite extensive care, treatment, surgeries, and medication. An Olive Branch personal injury lawyer from Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC can review the accident that left you injured and build a case on your behalf for compensation.
Hold the responsible parties accountable so you can focus on healing as much as possible.
Defining a Catastrophic Injury
A catastrophic injury is any injury that causes severe damage that lasts the rest of your life, an injury that causes paralysis, or an injury that causes any level of disability. Common examples of catastrophic injuries include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Organ damage
- Paralysis, quadriplegia, and paraplegia
- Burn injuries
- Neurological disorders
- Partial or complete blindness
Victims of catastrophic injuries often need constant care, home renovations to accommodate a wheelchair, or need to live in an assisted living facility. Catastrophic injuries lead to hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills and care every year. For a spinal cord injury that leads to incomplete motor function, it costs roughly $350,000 in the first year of care.
Each subsequent year can cost an estimated $40,000 or more.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Why You Need an Olive Branch Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
A catastrophic injury lawyer in Olive Branch has an understanding of the law and how to build claims for damages so that you can focus on recovery. A lawyer will ensure that your rights are protected at all times following an injury and consider the following factors when building a claim for damages on your behalf:
- If you require prosthetics
- The amount of physical, occupational, and vocational rehabilitation you will need to undergo
- If changes need to be made to your vehicle, home, or office to account for a disability
- Treatment from an urgent care, hospital, and pharmacy
- If you need to undergo plastic or reconstructive surgery
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- A reduced future earning capacity
- Lost income
- Loss of the enjoyment of your life
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in Olive Branch
You can suffer a catastrophic injury anywhere, including on your own property. However, the ability to recover compensation in a claim comes down to proving that someone else was negligent in their actions and that negligence led to your injuries. The most common causes of catastrophic injuries include the following:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Train accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pool accidents
No matter the cause of your injury, you should always speak with an Olive Branch catastrophic injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Compensation for an Olive Branch Catastrophic Injury Claim
The amount of compensation you can recover depends on a variety of factors, including the following:
- If you can establish fault in the case
- The amount of evidence available
- The details in your medical records
- Testimony provided by any expert witnesses
- Witness statements and testimonies
- Filing prior to the statute of limitations
- Following all of the discharge instructions of the hospital and the instructions of your physician
Recoverable Damages in a Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit
You can recover compensation for the following damages in a catastrophic injury lawsuit:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Emotional distress
- Loss of future earnings
- Loss of consortium
- Renovation expenses
- Current and future medical, rehabilitative, and long-term care expenses
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
The Mississippi Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
Mississippi has a three-year statute of limitations in place. The statute of limitations takes effect on the date of the accident that left you injured. It is imperative that you file prior to the statute of limitations expiring. The court can dismiss any case that is filed after the statute of limitations has expired.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
Mississippi Recognizes Shared Fault
Mississippi law recognizes shared fault in personal injury cases, which is the category where catastrophic injuries fall. Should the court determine that you share some of the fault in the accident that left you injured, the amount of compensation you receive can be reduced. The court will place a percentage on both parties’ fault, and that number will be how much your award is reduced.
Comparative fault is another reason why you need the representation of an Olive Branch catastrophic lawyer.
Questions to Ask a Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Olive Branch During a Consultation
When you schedule a consultation with an Olive Branch catastrophic injury attorney, you will be able to ask questions about a variety of different factors surrounding your case. It is important that you prepare ahead of the consultation so that you have a list of questions at the ready. Your list should include the following:
- Do you have a contingency fee policy?
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- Have you handled any catastrophic injury cases like mine in the past? If so, what were the outcomes? Did the cases settle, or did they go to trial?
- Do you see any problems with my case?
- How do you handle communication and case updates with your clients?
- Are there testimonials or references from previous clients I can review?
- If my case is unsuccessful, will there be any fees I am responsible for paying?
- Will I be working directly with you on the case, or will it be referred to someone else within the law firm?
- Do the fees for my case change if we cannot settle and it goes to trial?
- How long will it take to resolve my catastrophic injury case?
Call a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Today
Did you or a loved one suffer a catastrophic injury on the job, in a motor vehicle accident, or while visiting someone else’s property? If so, it is in your best interest to speak with an experienced and trusted Olive Branch catastrophic injury lawyer about your case. The sooner you schedule a consultation, the sooner you can begin the legal process.
Call the office of Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC, or complete our contact form today. We serve clients in the tri-state area of Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee.