Do you suspect that your loved one is suffering elder abuse? At home, in a nursing home, or even in a hospital, elder abuse is very much a common concern as a person gets older.
Many seniors do not report what is happening to them. They believe they have no other resource or recourse, yet you do have legal help. The key is learning how to find the best attorney for elder abuse for your specific situation.
At Gatti & Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC, we work closely with our clients to ensure they get the diligent legal representation possible. It is critical that you have an attorney you feel comfortable with and trust. That is why, even if you elect not to use our highly skilled elder abuse attorneys in Memphis or Mississippi, we want you to know what to look for specifically.
Find an Attorney with Very Specific Elder Abuse Experience
Many family attorneys or personal injury attorneys may say they provide legal support for elder abuse matters. Instead of selecting just any provider in this situation, seek out one with ample experience in the specific area of elder abuse you face. It is that experience that is going to make the most significant difference in the way the attorney can represent you.
This includes specific areas of potential abuse such as:
- Income or Social Security benefits theft
- Physical abuse
- Mental abuse
- Nursing home-related abuse
- Age discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Violence-related abuse
- Medication-related abuse
If your loved one (or you) are facing any type of situation where you feel at risk, it is critical to pursue legal support. Doing so will help you to get the insight and guidance you need to protect your future.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Discuss Your Situation Openly with the Attorney
Most of the time, you should be able to have an initial consultation with an elder abuse attorney without any financial obligation or written consent. This is a very good time to talk about your case and gather information about whether you have the right attorney. When you discuss your situation, ask pointed questions of the attorney.
- Have you dealt with elder abuse cases like this in the past?
- What type of legal strategy did you use to pursue changes?
- Did the nursing home or other provider make changes to minimize these risks going forward?
- What was the outcome of the case?
- How did this help the person suffering the abuse?
This gives you insight into the experience the attorney has. Remember that every legal strategy should be customized to fit your specific needs and the case details. Yet, knowing what the attorney did in the past to support another person could help you feel more comfortable trusting them with your future.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
Ask About Case Results
Client testimonials and case results provide clear insight into the skill and benefits that an attorney brings to the table. Beyond any other situation, an attorney’s work comes down to what the outcome is for the individual.
- Read through the case studies of the law firm or the specific attorney you are considering.
- Take the time to read or watch video testimonials from clients to learn what the one-on-one interaction and relationship were like.
You are putting a lot of trust into this person. You want to be sure they have what it takes and have proven skills in the area of elder abuse law.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Discuss What Might Happen in Your Case
When choosing an elder abuse attorney, one of the steps you should take is to gather information on your case. Most attorneys will provide some basic information in this way, but they cannot offer a full legal strategy until you agree to work with them (and ultimately, they have all of the necessary information to do so). You can learn about their process, though.
To find a qualified elder abuse attorney, you will want to focus on what services they offer to you. Some areas to consider include:
- Evidence gathering: Gathering evidence of the abuse that has occurred requires careful consideration and a dedicated level of support. They should speak to all parties involved to gather more information about what occurred.
- Expert witnesses: There are some situations where having an expert witness can be very helpful in explaining what occurred or why something occurred.
- Communicating with the abuser: You should not have to talk to the nursing home or other party that you believe is abusing your loved one. The attorney should be able to handle this for you.
- Adjusting care and service: Your attorney can help you to find new medical care, a new nursing home, or new providers if there is evidence of abuse occurring. This may include petitioning Medicare or Medicaid to approve such changes.
- Negotiating a settlement: The legal actions in these cases ultimately come down to negotiating a settlement or going to court. Choose an attorney that is ready and able to help you to do that.
With the help of an experienced elder abuse attorney, you should have a good idea of whether or not you have a case. More so, you will learn what to expect through the coming days, weeks, and months as you pursue legal action. Your attorney can fight for your loved one’s rights and for compensation that could ease their future suffering.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
Let Our Team Go to Work for You
As you learn how to find the best attorney for elder abuse matters, remember that you should feel comfortable with the attorney. That is why we welcome you to give us a call or contact us online for more insight. Let us offer guidance to you about your legal options and guide you in taking the next step.
Contact Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC for immediate help and guidance on all matters of elder abuse. We serve clients in Mississippi and Tennessee. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.