Large Trucks and Fatal Crash Data
The National Safety Council reports that in 2019, 5,005 large trucks were involved in fatal crashes, which was a 43% increase since 2010. In 2019, the following data was reported on the injury rate relating to truck accidents:
- 69% of truck crash injuries were sustained by occupants of other vehicles
- 29% of truck crash injuries were sustained by truck occupants
- 2% of truck crash injuries were sustained by non-occupants (pedestrians, bicyclists)
This infographic illustrates how truck crashes happen, where they happen most, and the deadliest months of the year.
For a free legal consultation, call (901) 526-2126
Most Common Causes of Truck Crashes
- Drowsy drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Intoxicated drivers
Truck Crash Fatalities
- More than 50% of fatal large truck accidents occurred on rural roads.
- About 25% of fatal truck crashes occurred on interstates
- 64% of truck crashes happened during daylight hours
- 6% of truck crashes occurred in construction zones
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
The Deadliest Month
- More truck crash fatalities happened in September.
- February had the least number of fatalities
Data Source: National Safety Council – Injury Facts
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Injured in a Truck Crash? Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC Can Help
Truck accidents can be one of the most serious types of crashes due to their size and weight compared to passenger vehicles. If you or a loved one were hurt in a truck accident, we are here to help you seek justice. Our personal injury lawyers will support you every step of the way to ensure you are protected against lowball settlements that insurance companies will often make when you deserve more.
It’s Easy With Montesi. Contact us today at (901) 526-2126 to schedule a consultation and learn your rights.