You can suffer a personal injury in North Memphis, Tennessee due to someone else’s negligence. In this instance, you can pursue compensatory damages from the at-fault party. These damages can be used to cover any costs associated with your injury.
At Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, we are here to assist those who suffer personal injuries due to no fault of their own. For more information, reach out to our law firm. We can connect you with a North Memphis personal injury attorney who keeps your best interests in mind.
Why Personal Injuries Occur
A personal injury ranges from minor to severe. It can affect you physically, mentally, and emotionally. You can suffer a personal injury in many different instances, including the following.
Motorists and pedestrians are involved in car accidents every day. Common causes of auto accidents include:
- Drunk Driving: An intoxicated driver loses focus behind the wheel, resulting in an accident.
- Distracted Driving: A driver looks down at their cell phone or gets distracted in another way, takes their eyes off the road, and causes an accident.
- Speeding: A driver ignores the posted speed limit and cannot stop quickly enough, leading to an accident.
Motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of death, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notes. Regardless, negligent drivers continue to cause accidents that injure and kill other motorists and pedestrians. These drivers can receive criminal and civil penalties for their actions and are subject to personal injury lawsuits.
A truck driver operates a large vehicle and must handle it as such. Failure to do so can lead to an accident, along with associated injuries and fatalities. Some of the reasons why truck accidents happen include:
- Fatigued Driving: A truck driver can spend a long time behind the wheel, get tired, and cause an accident due to their inability to remain alert and focused.
- Poor Weather Conditions: A truck driver may choose not to account for rain, sleet, and other inclement weather conditions, fail to stop or slow down their vehicle, and cause an accident.
- Vehicle Performance Issues: A truck that is not properly maintained can malfunction while in use, which can result in an accident.
You can suffer a personal injury in a truck accident in North Memphis and may be able to sue the driver and their employer. A North Memphis personal injury lawyer can review the facts surrounding your truck accident and injury. From here, your lawyer will make sure you file a personal injury lawsuit against any at-fault parties.
You can purchase a product in North Memphis and expect a great experience when you use it. In the worst-case scenario, the product is defective, and you suffer an injury. If this happens, you can file a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer, seller, or both.
A personal injury lawyer in North Memphis treats every product liability lawsuit with care. The attorney encourages the client to collect the product packaging, any images or videos of the faulty product, and other evidence that can be used in court. This evidence can provide the groundwork for a compelling argument that helps their client secure tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages.
Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC has plenty of experience with product liability cases. Our team can help you gather evidence relating to your product liability lawsuit. We can also offer tips and insights on how to win or settle your case in as little time as possible.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
When to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in North Memphis
Tennessee has a one-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits. This means you have a maximum of one year from the date of your personal injury to hire an attorney and file a lawsuit. If you choose not to do so, you lose the right to seek damages from any at-fault parties down the line.
If you are unsure of whether to file a personal injury lawsuit, meet with a lawyer. You are under no obligation to sue an at-fault party if you consult with an attorney. Rather, you can discuss your case with a lawyer, share your legal concerns and questions, and determine if you want to move forward with a lawsuit.
A personal injury lawyer can evaluate your case and explain how they will approach it. You have the final say on whether to sue an at-fault party in a personal injury lawsuit. If you decide to do so, your attorney does everything they can to help you secure damages.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
What to Expect When You Work with a North Memphis Personal Injury Lawyer
Your lawyer allocates time, energy, and resources to your personal injury case. The attorney works with you to build a compelling argument and figure out the best way to present it in court. If the defendant in your case proposes a settlement, your attorney notified you about it, too.
If you get a settlement, you should not rush to make a decision about it. You can consult with your attorney to weigh the pros and cons of any decision regarding the settlement. At this point, you have three options:
- Accept the Settlement: If you approve the settlement, you secure less compensation than you originally requested but get this money right away.
- Decline the Settlement: By declining the settlement, you and your attorney continue to seek the most damages possible.
- Counter the Settlement: When you counter the settlement, you give the defendant an opportunity to accept an offer that lines up with what you want.
If no settlement is reached before your trial date, you and your attorney will present your argument in court. Next, the court decides if you are awarded full or partial damages or no damages at all. If your argument is compelling, you are in an excellent position to achieve your desired personal injury case result.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Get in Touch with a North Memphis Personal Injury Lawyer
Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC can help you win or settle your North Memphis personal injury case. To learn more or request a free consultation, please contact us today.