Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Victim Lawyer
Protecting the Rights of Tri-State Area Nursing Home Residents
Even if nursing homes didn’t charge a dime for their services, you would still have the right to expect competent medical and personal care. But nursing homes do charge a lot. And to get you to turn the care of a loved one over to them, they also promise a lot in return. Too often however, nursing care providers fail to deliver on those promises.
Meanwhile, the nationwide chains that dominate the industry routinely post hundreds of millions of dollars in profits each year.
Signs of nursing home abuse
In our experience, we have seen the following as potential signs of nursing home abuse that you should watch for:
- Broken bones or fractures
- Bruising, cuts or welts
- Bed sores
- Frequent infections
- Signs of dehydration
- Mood swings and emotional outbursts
- Reclusiveness or refusal to speak
- Refusal to eat or take medications
- Changes in mental status
- Unexplained weight loss
- Poor physical appearance
- Lack of cleanliness
- Caregivers that do not want patient to be left alone with others
It can be difficult to discover that the facility or people you entrusted your loved ones with is mistreating them. We can help you if you or a loved one has been abused or neglected in a nursing home.
We can help you
At Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, we know what the signs of abuse are and where to find the evidence needed to prove a nursing home negligence case. We know because our lawyers have been doing this kind of work for people in Memphis and the surrounding areas of western Tennessee, eastern Arkansas and northern Mississippi for nearly 40 years. Today, the experience, knowledge and resources we’ve gained from that can start making a difference for you and your family.
Too many residents and not enough staff. That’s the basic formula behind most of the needless injuries our attorneys have seen in cases of nursing home abuse or neglect. If you suspect that a loved one has been abused or neglected in a nursing home residence — call or contact us for a free consultation.
The Consequences of Abuse and Neglect
Because residents are so vulnerable and have so many important medical and personal care needs, nursing home abuse or neglect often has terrible consequences. Our experience includes cases involving:
- Bed sores (also called pressure sores or decubitus ulcers)
- Medication errors
- Broken bones
- Physical abuse or violence
- Deliberate over medication (used as a means of control)
- Secondary illnesses or infections resulting from abuse or neglect
For a broader overview of this topic, see our Nursing Home Injuries Practice Page.
Verdicts & Settlements:
- Our firm represented an individual who was a visitor at a nursing home who slipped and fell due to an unsafe and hazardous condition in the nursing home, injuring his foot and ankle. Although any knowledge of a dangerous condition was denied by the defendant, through extensive investigation and discovery we were able to establish that the defendant did, indeed, have notice of the unsafe condition. This enabled us to successfully resolve the case at mediation for $195,000.
View more Verdicts & Settlements
One Call, That’s All … Dial 901-526-2126 Today
Whether you come to see us in Memphis, Tennessee, or we travel to meet with you in your home or at the hospital —the consultation is free, no strings attached. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day. You can also contact us online at any time.
We handle nursing home abuse and neglect cases on a contingency basis; we do not charge any legal fees unless we obtain a settlement or verdict on your behalf.