Working in the construction industry can be extremely dangerous. Construction sites are often scattered with heavy equipment, powerful tools, ladders, and treacherous scaffolding. They are full of hazards that can cause serious injury to the individuals working on-site. The best chance for those workers to recover their losses is with the help of an Arlington personal injury lawyer.
If you have been injured on a construction site, you need a construction accident attorney in Arlington to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC can help you file a claim against those responsible for your accident and fight for compensation for your damages.
Causes of Construction Accidents
Even though most construction accidents are preventable, they are quite common. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), half of the most frequently cited OSHA standards occur in the construction industry. After inspections, the most common problems found on construction worksites are violations relating to:
- Fall protection
- Fall protection training
- Eye and face protection
Most construction accidents are preventable. In many construction accident cases, employers do not follow the standards put in place to reduce the likelihood of being injured by these hazards. If you were injured due to a safety violation, you should contact a construction accident lawyer in Arlington to investigate the circumstances of your accident.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Types of Construction Accidents
There are many types of construction accidents. Some of the most common ones include:
- Falling Materials
- Falls from Scaffolding and Ladders
- Power Tool Injuries
- Toxic Chemical Exposure
- Crane and Forklift Accidents
- Trench Collapses
If you have been injured in a construction accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
Common Injuries in Construction Accidents
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicates that construction workers have one of the highest injury and fatality rates among industrial industries. Some of the injuries commonly seen after an accident on a construction site include:
- Head and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Repetitive Motion Injuries
- Loss of Limbs
- Crush Injuries
If you have suffered one of these or any other injury in a construction accident, an Arlington construction accident lawyer may be able to help you make a claim against the parties at fault.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
What You Should Do After a Construction Accident
If you have been hurt in a construction accident, there are certain steps you should take to increase your chances of obtaining compensation for your losses.
- Take photos: If you are able, take photos or videos of the site where your accident happened to document the conditions of the scene.
- Get Witness Information: If anyone witnessed your construction accident, get their contact information.
- Make a Report: After your accident, report it to your employer as soon as possible. Be careful, however, not to give too much information and stick to the facts.
- Get Medical Treatment: Seek medical attention immediately. You may have injuries you cannot see. Also, it is important to document your injuries and damages.
- Keep a Journal: Keep a record of your injuries, symptoms, and what you remember about your construction accident. As time passes, it may become difficult to recall the details of your accident.
One of the most important steps you should take after your accident is to contact a construction accident attorney in Arlington. If you have been hurt in a construction accident, it is wise for you to contact Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC as soon as possible. We can investigate your injuries, identify the liable parties, and work on getting you compensation for your losses.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
Who May Be Responsible for Your Construction Accident
The recovery you receive for your construction accident depends on who was at fault. An experienced Arlington construction accident attorney will gather evidence and conduct a thorough investigation to determine who is responsible for your accident. You may be able to file a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury claim.
If your accident was not your employer’s or anyone else’s fault, your losses may be covered under workers’ compensation. The downside to a workers’ compensation claim is that you will likely not be fully compensated for your accident-related costs.
If your accident was someone else’s fault, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault parties. Your accident could have been the fault of:
- Your employer
- A careless coworker
- A negligent subcontractor
- The defective equipment manufacturer
A skilled construction accident lawyer can determine all the parties at fault for your accident and discuss options for recovery with you.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
Damages You Can Collect After Your Construction Accident
If it is determined that another party is responsible for your construction accident and you file a claim against them, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. There are several types of damages you may receive payment for:
- Healthcare Costs: These costs can include your medical bills, medications, surgery, physical therapy, medical devices, and more.
- Lost Wages: Recovery for lost wages includes income and employee benefits you lost as a result of your construction accident.
- Loss of Future Earning Potential: If you are no longer able to work in the same capacity – or at all – as before your accident, you may be awarded monetary compensation for those losses.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: You may be entitled to payment for therapy or treatment to help you rebuild the work skills you lost as a result of your accident.
- Non-Economic Damages: Under Tennessee law, you can be compensated for your non-monetary losses, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and reduced quality of life resulting from your accident.
With help from a legal expert, you may be able to recover compensation for most of the losses you have faced as a result of your accident.
Get Help from an Arlington Construction Accident Lawyer
You should consult with a skilled Arlington construction accident attorney as soon as possible after your accident. We can investigate your claim and determine who was at fault. Then, we can work on getting you compensated for your injuries and losses.
Contact Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC today for a free consultation and to get started on the process of receiving the compensation you deserve as a result of your construction accident.