As the numbers related to car accidents continue to get worse, the likelihood that you will witness or be involved in a collision also increases. The top three common causes of car accidents in South Memphis are attributed to speeding, intoxication, and reckless driving. The I-40/I-240 loop is notorious for car accidents.
A car accident in South Memphis can happen anywhere and for any reason. You must have a South Memphis car accident attorney from Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC review your collision and fight for compensation.
Types of South Memphis Car Accidents
Car accidents in Shelby County have increased yearly, with 39,436 crashes in 2019. Fatal car accidents were at 250 in 2020. Many different car accidents can lead to injuries, some more than others.
Our car accident attorneys have spent decades helping accident victims get the justice they deserve after a car accident. Some of the most common cases we see are:
- Head-on collision: when the hood of two vehicles collided. These accidents usually have deadly outcomes when one driver drifts into oncoming traffic.
- Rear end crashes: when the front of a trailing vehicle hits the back of a lead car. Often these accidents are from following too closely or distracted driving.
- T-bone collisions: often occur at intersections when one driver doesn’t yield the right of way. It also happens when someone runs a light or stop sign.
Regardless of the car accident type, you must get medical attention and call a South Memphis car accident lawyer from Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC. We will fight for every dollar.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Cause of South Memphis Car Accidents
Car accidents can happen for a slew of reasons, from weather to mechanical failure and driving experiences. Determining the cause of the accident can also help us find the liable party and file a claim with their insurance company. Our car accident lawyers often handle car accidents resulting from:
- Speeding: the speed limit in South Memphis is typically 25 mph unless otherwise posted. Highways have speed limits between 55 and 70 mph, and drivers going above posted speed limits put others in danger and can lose control of the car.
- Ignoring the law: speeding is a common infraction, but taking stop signs and red lights, not signaling when changing lanes or making turns, and many others are also harmful.
- Drunk driving: intoxication alters a person’s cognitive abilities and can make them take more significant risks. Drivers endanger themselves and others when they drive with a BAC over the legal limit of .08%.
- Distractions: eating, using the phone, talking to passengers, and tending to children are all distractions that can lead to collisions in South Memphis.
- Road rage: drivers can become agitated and aggressive and intentionally try to cause an accident. These incidents start as minor disagreements when someone changes lanes or takes too long at a light.
- Fatigue: rest is vital to stay awake while driving at night or on long road trips. Without proper rest, people are at higher risk of causing a crash. Fatigue leads to slower reaction times and dangerous maneuvers.
All of these actions constitute negligent driving, and any driver who participates in them must be held responsible for their actions. If you are the victim of someone’s negligence, you must speak to a car accident lawyer in South Memphis, TN, to discuss the next steps.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
Prevalent Injuries in South Memphis Car Accidents
Depending on the type and severity of the car accident you are involved in your injuries will vary. People in the same vehicle can suffer different injuries. Some injuries can be minor, and others are life-altering.
There is no way to know how your injury will impact your life after a car accident. Prevalent injuries in South Memphis car accidents are:
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Nerve damage
- Crush injuries
- Mental and emotional trauma
Injuries will be a large part of your injury claim, but there are other losses that your car accident attorney in South Memphis, TN, can uncover.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Damages You Can Seek
Aside from your injuries, you can also suffer property damage, lost wages, and out-of-pocket expenses. Your South Memphis car accident lawyer can review case factors and determine the damages you have suffered and will suffer from the collision. We can then calculate your losses and request payment from the insurance company.
Examples of common car accident damages include:
- Current and future lost income
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Non-economic losses like mental anguish
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
Proving Negligence in a South Memphis Car Accident
Negligence is the basis of every injury claim, and it is up to the plaintiff to prove that the other party was negligent and caused their injuries. While it should be straightforward, the insurance company will unlikely work with you toward a settlement. The more evidence you have to help your case, the better.
Examples of evidence we will collect include:
- Police reports
- Photos and videos
- Medical records
- Witness information and statements
- Receipts for out-of-pocket expenses
Some evidence is readily available, and others will be found during discovery. Your car accident lawyers can help you gather the relevant evidence for your case. GKBM has decades of experience gathering evidence that helps our clients get justice.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
Deadlines for Filing Car Accident Claims in South Memphis
Tennessee has different deadlines for injury cases, depending on the type of claim. Personal injury suits, including car accidents, have a one-year deadline for victims to file lawsuits seeking compensation for their losses.
Wrongful death claims also have a one-year statute. However, for wrongful death, the death date starts the clock instead of personal injury cases that begin on the accident date.
Property damage claims have a three-year statute. Some medical malpractice cases have different statutes.
Call an Experienced South Memphis Car Accident Attorney Immediately
Car accidents can upheaval your life, and you need someone in your corner fighting for you. Accident victims should take the time they need to focus on their healing journey and not on the legal process. Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, have been helping accident victims for decades.
We will look for evidence and conduct an extensive investigation to fight for every dollar your case is worth. Schedule a consultation with our car accident attorneys by calling us today.