Collisions involving tractor-trailers and other types of commercial trucks are known for being particularly devastating. These types of collisions can be life-threatening, in part, because of the massive size of these seemingly indestructible vehicles.
Fortunately, if another party is responsible for causing your accident, you can bring them to justice. An experienced Southaven 18-wheeler accident lawyer at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC is here to help you explore your legal options for financial recovery. Find out how much your 18-wheeler accident claim could be worth when you contact us for a free consultation.
Steps to Take After an 18-Wheeler Accident in Southaven
In the wake of your truck accident, you may be feeling confused and worried about what to do next. These next steps could have a significant impact on your ability to recover compensation and hold the liable party accountable. Here is what to do:
- Start off by doing what you can to gather evidence to support your case while you wait for emergency responders and police to arrive at the scene. You can quickly write down how the accident occurred, take photos of your injuries, obtain the insurance and contact information of all involved parties, get the contact information of potential witnesses, and take video footage of surrounding property damages.
- As soon as emergency responders arrive at the scene of your tractor-trailer crash, it is important to obtain a medical evaluation. Injury victims will frequently feel fine in the aftermath of the accident. It is not until the considerable trauma settles that they realize how severely they are injured.
- Once you have been stabilized by healthcare providers, it is time to contact your 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Southaven, MS, for help. Although going to court and dealing with a lawsuit may not be at the forefront of your mind at this time, it is important to get help from a lawyer as soon as possible after the accident.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler accidents lawyer serving Southaven, call (901) 526-2126
How a Southaven 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney Can Help You
No one wants to have to bring their case to court. It is an often lengthy and drawn-out process that many injury victims worry is not worth the time or effort. However, when you have a legal professional handling the details of your case, you do not need to worry about any of the stressors or burdens that come with pursuing a personal injury claim.
Your 18-wheeler accident attorney in Southaven, MS, will handle everything on your behalf. Some of our most important responsibilities might include:
- Identification of potential witnesses
- Hiring experts to testify to liability
- Reviewing your damages to calculate the value of your tractor-trailer accident claim
- Analysis of 18-wheeler black box data
- Ensuring you understand how federal trucking regulations work
- Keeping you updated regarding laws that could impact the outcome of your case
- Handling the negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf
- Preparing all legal documents and court filings
- Updating you regularly when there are changes to your case
- Responding to your questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Preparing to bring your 18-wheeler accident lawsuit to court
Southaven 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me (901) 526-2126
What to Expect from the 18-Wheeler Accident Claims Process in Southaven
The 18-wheeler accident claims process may be more complex than you might have thought. This is, in part, because there may be multiple parties responsible for causing your damages. Every person’s lawsuit and insurance case can be handled differently. For some, you may be able to settle your case outside of court with the insurance company.
However, for many individuals, insurance settlements prove insufficient. Since MS is a fault state, when you are involved in an accident, you file a claim with the Insurance company of the party who is responsible for causing the accident. The amount of coverage available will be dependent on how much coverage this party purchased from their insurer.
If the liable party only purchased the minimum amount of coverage required by law, you may find yourself lacking the coverage needed to cover all of your expenses. Fortunately, your 18-wheeler accident lawyers will be prepared to deal with the insurance company and hold them accountable to their legal obligations, and advocate for total recovery of your losses at trial should it become necessary to do so. Our best advice is to prepare to bring your case to court but hope for an insurance settlement that will set you and your family up for success.
Click to contact our Southaven Truck Accident Lawyers today
Types of Recoverable Damages After a Southaven 18-Wheeler Accident
Are you ready to find out how much you could be awarded for your damages following a collision with a big rig? If so, be prepared to go over your losses in deaths with our 18-wheeler accident attorneys. There is a multitude of recoverable damages following collisions of this nature, and you are entitled to recovery of your losses so you can be made whole.
We recognize there is no amount of money that will change the experience you and her or the trauma you went through. However, by accessing compensation for your losses, you can get your costs covered and ease some of your physical and emotional burdens. Examples of economic damages and non-economic damages that could be paid out in an 18-wheeler accident claim in Southaven include:
- Pain and suffering
- Vehicle damages and personal property damages
- Costs of increases to your insurance premiums
- The damage to your credit score and report
- Loss of household services
- Loss of companionship and love
- Psychological turmoil
- Embarrassment and inconvenience
- Anticipation, fear, shock, and apprehension
- Reduced quality of life
- Skin scarring and disfigurement
- Damage to your professional or personal reputation
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak with an 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer in Southaven for Help Today
You may be feeling overwhelmed and alone after the trauma of what you have been through. However, when you have a compassionate Southaven 18-wheeler accident lawyer at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC working for you, you can feel confident as you navigate the claims process.
Find out more about how the insurance and civil claims process works, how much you could be awarded, and who should be sued for your damages when you contact our team for a free consultation. Get started by filling out our quick contact form or calling us today.
Call or text (901) 526-2126 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form