Few motor vehicle accidents are as devastating as those involving commercial trucks, big rigs, tractor-trailers, and other 18-wheelers. If you suffered critical injuries in a collision, you may be left with devastating injuries that permanently affect your life.
You can demand the liable party be held accountable when you contact an experienced Oakville 18-wheeler accident attorney at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC for help. Learn more about who could be to blame and how much your damages could be worse when you contact our team for a free consultation.
How an Oakville 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Can Help
After being involved in a collision with an 18-wheeler, it is more common than you might think to feel alone in the world. You may be feeling overwhelmed by the trauma of what you have been through and upset when no one knows what to do to help you get justice. Fortunately, when you retain the legal services of an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Oakville, TN, you do not need to worry about any of the legal details of your case.
Our firm will take on all of the elements of pursuing your claim on your behalf. That way, you do not need to worry about a thing while you focus on healing from your 18-wheeler accident injuries. You have enough to deal with. Let us take on the risk of pursuing your case, the investigative and claims process, and everything in between in the hopes of recovering total compensation for your suffering.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler accidents lawyer serving Oakville, call (901) 526-2126
How to Demand Justice After an Oakville 18-Wheeler Accident
Demanding justice when you have suffered critical injuries in a collision with a big rig should be one of your top priorities. After all, you may already be stuck covering the costs of your medical expenses, ongoing medical treatment, the cost of vehicle repairs, and other out-of-pocket expenses, in addition to dealing with the psychological trauma and emotional distress of the accident.
Fortunately, your 18-wheeler accident attorney in Oakville, TN can analyze the details of your claim to determine which opportunities are available to you. Here are some of the ways you may be able to get justice following your 18-wheeler accident injuries:
- You could file a claim with your own auto insurance provider if you made the decision to purchase personal injury protection (PIP) coverage or no-fault insurance coverage, which provides compensation for damages no matter who is responsible for causing the accident.
- You can file a claim with the liable party’s auto insurance provider since Tennessee is a fault state for auto insurance purposes, which will cover a portion of your medical expenses and vehicle repairs up to the amount of coverage purchased by the policyholder.
- You can file a claim for worker’s compensation benefits if your 18-wheeler accident occurred while you were on the clock.
- When insurance benefits are not enough, you do not qualify for worker’s comp., or the defendant does not have insurance coverage, filing a civil lawsuit is a great opportunity to fight for all of your damages without the limitations associated with insurance settlements.
Oakville 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me (901) 526-2126
Do You Have Grounds for an 18-Wheeler Accident Claim in Oakville?
After being involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler, it is not uncommon for injury victims to be unsure what to do next. You may be wondering whether you have the right to file a lawsuit, file an insurance claim, or whether you have grounds for compensation at all. When you need answers, an Oakville 18-wheeler accident attorney may be able to help.
We will scrutinize the liability in your class, evaluate your damages, and determine whether you have the right to compensation for your losses. Typically, as long as someone else is to blame for your injuries and your injuries have had a lasting or profound impact on your life, you may have the right to full recovery of your losses.
However, it may not always be clear to you whether you have the right to move forward with a client. For this reason, reaching out to an 18-wheeler accident attorney in Oakville, TN, may be well advised.
Click to contact our Oakville Truck Accident Lawyers today
How to Prove Negligence in an Oakville 18-Wheeler Accident Case
Negligence must be proven based on a preponderance of the evidence. This means your lawyer will need to show that the defendant owed you a duty of care, breached that duty of care, and caused you damages. The evidence will need to be compelling.
Examples of evidence used to prove fault after an 18-wheeler truck accident include:
- Data from the 18-wheeler’s black box
- Statements from witnesses
- Testimony from experts
- Please report information
- Reports from accident reconstructionists
- 18-wheeler driver employment records
- The truck driver’s chemical blood alcohol test results
- The truck driver’s phone records
- Photos of the victim’s injuries
- Video of the 18-wheeler accident
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Is Your 18-Wheeler Accident Claim Worth in Oakville?
To figure out how much your 18-wheeler accident lawsuit is worth, your lawyer will need to go over all of your general damages and special damages at length to ensure each is taken into consideration accordingly.
You have the right to be repaid for financial losses and non-financial losses in the hopes of ensuring you are compensated for all of the ways you have been affected by your 18-wheeler accident damages. Examples of losses that may be recovered in your insurance and civil claims include:
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement and skin scarring
- Damage to your reputation
- Loss of consortium
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses and property damages
- Pain and suffering
Get Help from an 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney in Oakville Today
Although 18-wheeler accident claims may be complex, when you have an experienced legal advocate fighting for you, you can get the answers and support you need when you need it most. Reach out to a dedicated Oakville 18-wheeler accident lawyer at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC for a free consultation today. You can find out more about how the claims process works and what to expect from your case after filling out our online contact form or calling our office.
Call or text (901) 526-2126 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form