Were you recently injured in an accident involving a dump truck? Many of these accidents occur on or near construction sites. However, no matter how your injuries occurred, if someone else’s negligence contributed to them, you may have the right to seek total compensation for your suffering.
Fortunately, when you are feeling confused and overwhelmed, a reputable Oakville dump truck accident lawyer at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC could help you through these tough times. If we take on your case, you will have a team of powerful legal advocates fighting for your rights. Find out how much your dump truck accident claim could be worth when you contact our office for a free consultation.
Recognizing Grounds for a Dump Truck Accident Case in Oakville
After being involved in a critical accident, many victims are often unsure what the next steps should be. Thankfully, when you have a dump truck accident lawyer in Oakville, TN working for you, you can get the guidance and support you need to make informed and educated decisions about how to move forward with your case.
Many injury victims have the impression that they must have suffered debilitating injuries to have grounds for a claim. However, this is not the case. As long as we can show that someone else is responsible for causing your injuries by introducing powerful supporting evidence, we may be able to recover your damages in full.
A Preponderance of the Evidence
When a case goes to criminal court, the prosecutor must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt for the jury to convict. But when your case goes to civil court, the burden of proof is different.
Your dump truck accident lawyer will need to prove liability based on a preponderance of the evidence. This means we must introduce compelling and supportive evidence that shows the jury that the defendant is most likely at-fault for causing your dump truck accident injuries.
Supporting Evidence After a Dump Truck Accident
The types of evidence your dump truck accident attorney can present to support your case can vary widely depending on how the crash occurred. At the scene of the accident, you may have been able to gather photos of your injuries, obtain video footage of the accident scene, and secure the names and contact information of any potential witnesses to the incident.
Your dump truck accident attorney in Oakville, TN will also gather compelling evidence by conducting a thorough investigation into the cause. Our investigation may uncover a wide variety of types of evidence, such as:
- Data obtained from the dump truck’s black box
- The dump truck operator’s chemical blood alcohol test results
- The dump truck operator’s cell phone records
- Reports from accident reconstructionists
- Police and crash reports
- Copies of your medical records
- Photos of the severity of your dump truck accident injuries
- Bystander and witness statements
- Expert testimony
Negligence in Oakville Dump Truck Accident Claims
In the majority of dump truck accident claims, you can only recover compensation for your damages if you can show that someone else’s negligence was the cause of your injuries. For this reason, we will need to closely evaluate the way in which your crash occurred, so we can determine who is at fault. Here are some of the more common causes of these accidents and the parties who could be sued:
- If your dump truck accident was caused by an irresponsible or reckless dump truck operator, the dump truck operator, the company that employs them, and the owner of the dump truck could share fault.
- If your dump truck accident was caused by defective parts, the owner of the dump truck, the dump truck company, and dump truck parts manufacturers could share the blame.
- If your dump truck accident was caused by dangerous conditions on the worksite, the construction site owner, the dump truck company, safety inspectors, and other third parties could be partially responsible.
Dump Truck Accident Injuries to Sue For
It is not the type of dump truck accident injury you suffer that determines whether you have the right to compensation after an accident. Instead, your attorney will be looking at how significantly your life has been affected by your dump truck accident injuries.
As long as you have endured significant financial losses, emotional trauma, or physical injuries, you may have the right to restitution for every loss. Examples of the injuries you may be able to sue for include:
- Head and back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Emotional injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
For a free legal consultation with a dump truck accidents lawyer serving Oakville, call (901) 526-2126
What to Expect from Your Dump Truck Accident Case in Oakville
After being involved in a dump truck accident in Oakville, you may be unsure of how the claims process works or what to expect from your case. It is important to know that every person’s case is different. Some people may be able to settle with the insurance company outside of court, while others will need to bring their case before a judge.
You can rely on your dump truck accident lawyer to guide you through the claims process every step of the way. Here is a general idea of what you can expect after you hire an Oakville dump truck accident attorney to take on your case:
- We will begin investigating liability.
- We will gather evidence to prove fault and support your case.
- We will determine how to recover compensation for your damages.
- We will quantify your damages to account for every single expense.
- We will prepare the necessary insurance claim forms and court filing documents.
- We will file insurance claims in court documents accordingly.
- We will negotiate with the insurance company to see if we can settle outside of court.
- We will bring your case to trial if insurance does not sufficiently meet your needs.
Oakville Dump Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (901) 526-2126
Meet with a Dump Truck Accident Lawyer in Oakville Today
It is not unusual for dump truck accident injuries to have a lasting and debilitating impact on victims’ lives. If you are hoping to get the most out of your claim and ensure the liable party is brought to justice, do not hesitate to reach out to an experienced Oakville dump truck accident lawyer at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC.
Our firm proudly offers free consultations to dump truck accident victims across Oakville and surrounding cities. Claim yours by filling out our secure contact form or calling our office today.