Equipped with powerful hydraulic systems and open-box beds capable of carrying and releasing anywhere from six to fourteen tons of cargo, dump trucks are an essential part of construction jobs. Though essential, dump trucks are also dangerous and victims of dump truck accidents in Collierville are often left with serious physical injuries, emotional trauma, and an uncertain financial future. Such profound damages demand compensation.
If you are suffering from damages sustained in a dump-truck accident, reach out to a personal injury lawyer in Collierville and bring certainty back to your financial future.
What to Do Following a Dump Truck Accident
Ensuring your safety and the safety of others involved in the accident should be the top priority following an accident. Serious injuries may prevent you from moving or make it dangerous for you to move. However, if you can move without causing further injury, get to a safe area and call the authorities to make an official accident report.
If possible, collect additional information:
- Witness contact information
- Contact and insurance information of the dump-truck operator
- Photos of the accident scene, including of your vehicle, the dump truck, road conditions, injuries sustained, and anything else that can be used as evidence
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Get Medical Care and Secure Legal Representation
Even if you did not require emergency medical care, get prompt medical attention following the accident. The damage caused by some injuries is not always immediately apparent, such as for those affecting the brain, spinal cord, or internal organs, and delayed treatment can make those injuries much worse. The at-fault party can use this delay to deflect responsibility, claiming your injuries are the result of your choice to delay treatment rather than their negligent acts.
Secure prompt legal attention from a Collierville dump-truck accident lawyer. Do not speak to any insurance companies, the at-fault party, or their representatives about who is responsible for the accident or settlement amounts. Your lawyer from Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu, & Montesi PLC has the legal knowledge and skill to handle these high-stakes conversations and protect your best interests.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
A Collierville Dump Truck Accident Attorney Will Investigate Thoroughly
Your lawyer will investigate your case fully, analyzing available physical evidence, such as tire marks, road conditions, and damage to the vehicles involved, documenting witness testimony, and reviewing police reports or other accident-related documentation such as the:
- Truck operator’s training and driving history, and licensure
- Truck’s maintenance and inspection records
- Truck manufacturer’s track record, including any reported problems with the specific model involved in the accident
Since dump trucks are typically used for construction jobs, your lawyer will also investigate the construction site’s safety and the contractor or site manager’s compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
An experienced dump truck accident attorney in Collierville will also have connections to accident reconstruction specialists and other expert witnesses who will review this comprehensive information, determine the cause of your accident and identify the culpable parties.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Causes of Dump Truck Accidents in Collierville
Dump trucks are massive vehicles carrying heavy loads and weighing in at tens of thousands of pounds. Often, they carry construction materials such as gravel, dirt, rocks, or construction site debris. The function and structure of a dump truck make it an essential component of construction work but a potential danger to others on the road or construction-site workers.
Common causes of dump truck accidents include:
- Flying Debris: Cargo overloaded or improperly secured to truck beds can fly from the vehicle and cause dangerous accidents, hitting other cars and even smashing through windshields. Flying debris can also create road obstacles other vehicles may collide with or swerve to avoid, leading to crashes with other cars or pedestrians. The release of gravel can be especially dangerous for motorcycle drivers, leading to spinouts.
- Driver Error: Inexperienced or inadequately trained drivers can make errors leading to accidents. Even experienced drivers can operate their vehicles negligently, speeding or driving while intoxicated or distracted, or ignoring traffic laws, putting others at significant risk.
- Overloaded Trucks: Dump trucks must comply with safety regulations regarding the weight they can carry. Overloaded trucks put extra stress on braking systems and can easily become unbalanced if cargo shifts.
- Poor Road Conditions: Even when properly loaded, dump-truck cargo can undergo redistribution if jostled by poorly maintained, uneven roads. This redistribution can lead to imbalances, causing the truck to tip over, or make the unloading process dangerous for workers.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
Potential Responsible Parties in a Collierville Dump Truck Accident
To see a successful outcome in your case, you must be sure to hold the right party accountable. Since there are a variety of potential at-fault parties, it is best to leave this determination to your Collierville dump truck accident attorney. After careful investigation, your lawyer may file against these or other responsible parties:
- The dump truck operator, if the accident was caused by driver error
- The dump truck owner, if the truck was not properly maintained and inspected
- The construction site manager, if the drivers or site workers were not properly trained, or the site manager failed to comply with other relevant OSHA regulations.
- Government entities responsible for maintaining roads if preventable, dangerous road conditions caused the accident.
Your lawyer will identify the at-fault party and build a strong case to prove that the party’s negligence caused your injuries and measurable losses, and will hold them accountable for providing compensation.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
We Will Fight to Get You Justice
At Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu, & Montesi PLC, we make filing a claim and building a case easily. All you need to do is schedule a free consultation with a caring, skilled Collierville truck accident lawyer by calling or sending an electronic message.
Your lawyer will take care of the rest and will not collect any fees until you receive a just settlement. We look forward to fighting for the compensation and justice you deserve.