Pedestrians often suffer critical and life-altering injuries when they are struck by vehicles. If you have suffered debilitating injuries and do not know where to turn for help, reach out to an experienced Collierville pedestrian accident lawyer at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC.
If we agree to take on your case, you can rest easier while we handle the legal details of pursuing your insurance and civil claims. Find out more about what to expect from the pedestrian accident claims process when you call our office for a free consultation.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries to Sue for in Collierville
Pedestrian accidents in Collierville have been known to cause devastating injuries. However, do not let the type of injury you were diagnosed with determine whether you have the right to file a lawsuit.
The type of injury you are diagnosed with is not particularly relevant. The impact your injuries had on your life, however, is. With that in mind, there are several types of pedestrian accident injuries we see more frequently in Collierville than in others. Some of these types of injuries include:
- Bones that are broken or fractured
- The development of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Internal injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Full-thickness burns
Pedestrians often suffer critical injuries since they do not have the surrounding protection afforded to motorists. If you were diagnosed with another type of injury that was not listed above, we may still be able to help you hold the liable party accountable. Find out how to get justice for your pedestrian accident injuries when you contact your attorney to discuss the details of your case.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
How the Collierville Pedestrian Accident Claims Process Works
The pedestrian accident claims process can be intimidating. Your pedestrian accident attorney in Collierville can handle the legalities so you can focus your energy on healing. However, you might feel more empowered once you understand what you can expect from the Collierville pedestrian accident claims process.
Here is a general idea of how pedestrian accident claims work:
- You hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Collierville to investigate and advocate for your rights
- Your attorney begins investigating the cause of your pedestrian accident and gathering powerful evidence to establish liability in your case
- You will provide your attorney with an in-depth inventory of the ways your life has been affected by your injuries to calculate the value of your pedestrian accident damages
- Your lawyer will be able to file a claim with the liable party’s insurer once culpability has been established, as long as the liable party is protected by insurance coverage
- Negotiations with the insurance company will follow the filing of the claim
- If your insurance settlement does not adequately cover your damages, you may have the right to file a civil lawsuit against them seeking maximum restitution for your damages
- At trial, your pedestrian accident lawyer will present the evidence gathered to prove liability based on a preponderance of the evidence
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
Cause and Fault for Pedestrian Accidents in Collierville
As previously mentioned, one of your lawyer’s most important tasks will be figuring out who is responsible for causing a pedestrian accident and resulting injuries. Pedestrian accidents can be caused in a number of ways, but some of the more common causes in their respective liable parties include:
- Unsafe or negligent driving – Reckless or irresponsible drivers
- Hazardous roads – Government agencies, the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT), municipalities, safety inspectors, and other third parties
- Defective motor vehicle parts – Motor vehicle parts designers, distributors, manufacturers, suppliers, motor vehicle dealerships, motor vehicle maintenance technicians, safety inspectors, and other third-parties
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Pedestrian Accident Insurance Claims
One of the top ways pedestrian accident victims recover the compensation they are entitled to is by filing a claim with the liable party’s insurance company. In most pedestrian accident claims, the defendant will be protected by insurance coverage. However, if the defendant is not protected by insurance coverage, your only option may be to pursue a civil lawsuit against them.
If you do have the opportunity to file an insurance claim, do not expect the insurance claims process to go smoothly. Insurance companies do not settle claims fairly often. In fact, it is much more likely that they will attempt to take advantage of you or deny you the compensation you might otherwise be deserving of.
Fortunately, when you have your pedestrian accident lawyer negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, you can rest easier. We will never allow you to be pressured into accepting a settlement that has less than you deserve. We will show the insurance company you mean business so you can be awarded the fair and reasonable insurance settlement you are entitled to.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
What Is Your Collierville Pedestrian Accident Claim Worth?
Pedestrian accident victims often wonder how much their damages are worth. If you made the decision to file a claim with the insurance company or pursue a civil lawsuit against the liable party, you may want to know that the effort you put into pursuing your case is going to pay off in the end.
It is difficult to say how much you could be awarded without having reviewed the individual details of your case. However, most pedestrian accident victims have the right to be compensated for both economic damages and non-economic damages:
- Economic damages – Economic damages have fixed financial values and can be proven through bank records, receipts, quotes, bills, and other concrete evidence. Examples include loss of income, medical bills, property damages, and your future medical care.
- Non-economic damages – Non-economic damages are not worth anything financially until your attorney quantifies them. Some examples of these losses could include the way you are no longer able to participate in events and activities he wants to pleasure in, your loss of consortium, your physical and emotional pain and suffering, and your diminished quality of life.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
Meet with a Collierville Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
Are you tired of having to deal with the financial, psychological, and physical toll of your pedestrian accident injuries? Are you ready to bring the liable party to justice? If so, contact a dedicated Collierville pedestrian accident attorney at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC for a no-cost, risk-free consultation today.
With our firm on your side, you can recuperate while we build a powerful case against the defendant. Fill out our quick contact form, or call us when you are ready to get started on your case.