There are many benefits to walking. It is good for your health, beneficial to the environment, and easy on your pockets. Despite its advantages, walking can also be risky.
Pedestrians are among the most vulnerable travelers, as they are not protected like individuals in motor vehicles. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, a skilled personal injury lawyer can help you recover some of what you have lost. A Clarkedale personal injury lawyer at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC can investigate your claim and fight to get you compensation for your losses.
Risk Factors for Pedestrian Accidents in Clarkedale
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a pedestrian is injured in a traffic accident every 9 minutes and killed in an accident every 71 minutes. There are certain factors that increase the risk of pedestrian accidents. The following are risk factors for pedestrian accidents in Clarkedale:
- Age: Children are at the highest risk of being injured, and the elderly are at the highest risk of being killed in pedestrian accidents.
- Alcohol Use: Alcohol use is involved in almost half of all traffic accidents that result in pedestrian fatalities.
- Location: Pedestrian accidents are more likely to occur in urban areas and on high-capacity roadways.
- Time of Day: Over 75% of pedestrian fatality accidents happen after dark.
- Weather: Rain, snow, and fog can reduce the ability of drivers to see pedestrians.
- Speed: The severity of pedestrian injuries worsens the faster vehicles are traveling.
- Distractions: The use of cell phones and other distractions increase the risk of pedestrian accidents.
- Vehicle size: Larger vehicles cause more severe injuries to pedestrians.
- Negligence: Disobeying traffic laws or driving recklessly increases the chances of pedestrian accidents.
Many of the risk factors in pedestrian accidents are out of the pedestrian’s control. As such, it is important to consult with a Clarkedale pedestrian accident attorney. We can identify the party responsible for your accident and increase your chances of recovering compensation for your injuries.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Reducing the Risks of Pedestrian Accidents in Clarkedale
Despite the many risk factors for pedestrian accidents, there are steps that can be taken to help reduce pedestrian accidents. Both drivers and pedestrians can take certain actions to avoid pedestrian accidents in Clarkedale. The following are ways to reduce the risks of pedestrian accidents.
How Drivers Can Avoid Pedestrian Accidents
Drivers should focus on the road and watch for pedestrians everywhere. They should also avoid distractions and driving under the influence. It is important for drivers to obey Arkansas’ traffic laws and not speed or pass at intersections or crosswalks.
How Pedestrians Can Avoid Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians should stay alert and reduce noise and distractions, such as cell phones. Wearing visible clothing can reduce their chances of being involved in a collision. Pedestrians should also walk on sidewalks or shoulders facing traffic and cross the street only at intersections and crosswalks.
Despite your best efforts to avoid a collision, someone else’s carelessness or negligence may have caused your pedestrian accident. If this is the case, and you have suffered injuries as a result, a pedestrian accident lawyer in Clarkedale may be able to help you recover damages. Our personal injury attorneys at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC can determine whether you have a legal claim against the party responsible for your injuries.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Clarkedale
To support your injury assertions, it is important that you take certain measures to protect any legal claim you may have. There are several steps you should take after your pedestrian accident to help your case. Some of the most important of those steps are as follows:
- Call the police: It is important to have an official report of your accident, even if the driver leaves the scene.
- Document the accident scene: Take photos and videos of the area where you were injured because they can verify the conditions of the scene at the time of your pedestrian accident.
- Get contact information: Get the contact information for the person responsible for your accident and anyone who may have witnessed it, as they may be called as witnesses in your legal case.
- Seek medical attention: See a medical professional as soon as possible after your accident because you could have injuries that are not visible.
- Document your injuries: Keep a record of your injuries and symptoms to corroborate your claim of damages.
- Write down what you remember: Keep a journal of the details you can recall about your accident, as they may become difficult to remember as time passes.
- Track your medical expenses: Keep a record of your medical costs and other expenses relating to your accident, as they can help prove your monetary losses.
- Avoid talking to insurance companies: The main goal of insurance companies is to pay as little as possible, and they are trained to get victims to say things that can be used against them.
- Contact a Clarkedale pedestrian accident lawyer: We can use our experience in personal injury law to protect your rights and get you maximum compensation for your injuries.
It is important that you take the above steps to maximize your chances of recovery in your pedestrian accident claim. Avoiding common mistakes can also help you receive the highest monetary award. Your GKBM pedestrian accident attorney in Clarkedale can guide you through each step you should take.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Protect Your Rights with the Help of a Clarkedale Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
As the victim of a pedestrian accident in Clarkedale, you are probably facing physical and monetary harm. Consulting with a personal injury attorney at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC can help you start your journey of recovering from your accident. Contact us today for a free consultation regarding your pedestrian accident.
Our experienced pedestrian accident attorneys have decades of experience and assistance from a skilled support team. We will work hard on your case, beginning with an investigation of your accident, all the way to trial if necessary. Reach out to us today so we can fight to get you the compensation you deserve.