Where are you seriously injured in a bus accident in Collierville? Have your injuries had a debilitating impact on your life? Are you interested in learning more about how to make the liable party pay?
If so, a dedicated Collierville bus accident lawyer at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC could help you recover the compensation you deserve. Schedule a free consultation today to find out how much your bus accident case could be worth.
What to Do After a Bus Accident Lawyer in Collierville
In the aftermath of your Collierville bus accident, you may be confused and worried about what to do next. Whether you have previously been involved in a motor vehicle accident or this is your first collision, the initial steps you take will be of utmost importance. Here are some of the most important things you need to do following a bus accident in Collierville:
The most important thing you need to do after a bus accident is contact 911. Emergency responders will need to arrive at the accident scene and give you a medical evaluation. Do not skip a medical review, as you might have suffered debilitating invisible injuries that, if left untreated, could be life-threatening.
While you wait for police and emergency responders to arrive at the bus accident scene, attempt to document it however possible. You might take photos of the surrounding property and business damages, your injuries, the vehicle damages, and anything else that seems relevant. You might also make note of the contact information of any witnesses and any businesses or residences nearby that could have caught the collision on camera.
Call an Attorney
After you have been evaluated by a medical professional, your next step should be to contact your attorney. The sooner you get a lawyer working on your case, the more likely it is we can recover time-sensitive evidence that could help to establish culpability in your bus accident insurance and civil claims.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Collierville, call (901) 526-2126
Fault for Collierville Bus Accidents
Investigating to reveal who is responsible for causing your bus accident will be one of your attorney’s most important responsibilities. It is more common than you might think for bus accidents to be caused by multiple parties. Some of the more common causes of these collisions include:
- Drunk driving
- Operating a vehicle over the speed limit
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Failure to yield to the right of way laws
- Failure to stop at a stop sign or a traffic light
- Missing street signs
- Failure to make necessary road repairs
- Defective road conditions
- Malfunctioning motor vehicle parts
In cases where negligent driving may have caused the victim’s injuries, there are multiple parties who could share fault. Not only could the negligent driver be responsible, but if a bus driver is at fault, the bus company employing the bus driver could share liability.
Government agencies, executives, and municipalities could be at fault for your bus accident if dangerous roads caused your bus accident or one of these entities owns the bus in question. Only a thorough investigation into the cause of your Collierville bus accident will uncover who is at fault for your injuries.
Collierville Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me (901) 526-2126
How the Bus Accident Claims Process Works in Collierville
The majority of bus accident victims are intimidated at the thought of moving forward with their bus accident insurance claims and civil lawsuits. However, this is primarily due to the fact that they do not have any idea of what to expect from their case.
Once you know how the bus accident claims process works, your confidence in your decision to pursue your case could skyrocket. Although every person’s case is different, here is a basic idea of what you might expect from your Collierville bus accident claim after hiring a car accident attorney:
- Your lawyer will be responsible for figuring out who is at fault for causing your bus accident in Collierville.
- They may need to conduct an in-depth analysis of the collision to uncover the truth.
- The investigation will require compelling evidence so liability can be proven based on a preponderance of the evidence.
- Your attorney will need to review your damages in detail to account for every loss when calculating how much your bus accident claim is worth.
- After the liable party has been revealed, your attorney can move forward with filing your insurance claim and a civil lawsuit.
- Many bus accident victims have their lawyers step in and negotiate with the insurance company on their behalf to avoid being taken advantage of or tricked into settling for less than they deserve.
- If your insurance settlement is unsuccessful or fails to cover your damages equitably, your attorney will be prepared to move forward with your bus accident lawsuit against the liable party.
- At trial, your lawyer will have the opportunity to present powerful evidence to prove the defendant is at fault for causing your bus accident injuries and should therefore be compelled to compensate you for your losses accordingly.
How Long Do You Have to Get Your Collierville Bus Accident Claim Filed?
According to Tennessee Code §28-3-104, bus accident lawsuits must be filed before the one-year statute of limitations expires. This is one of the most strict statutes of limitations across the country.
One year is not a lot of time to build a powerful case against the liable party, so the sooner you get a bus accident attorney advocating for you and your rights, the more likely it is you could be awarded the compensation you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Bus Accident Attorney in Collierville for Help Today
Bus accident claims are notoriously complex due to the fact that there are often multiple parties who are responsible for causing the victim’s injuries. If you have been seriously injured in a Collierville bus accident, you may have the right to total compensation for your damages. Reach out to a reputable Collierville bus accident attorney at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC to learn more about what you should expect from the bus accident claims process.
Our firm is proud to offer no-cost, risk-free consultations to bus accident victims across Collierville and nearby cities. Take advantage of this opportunity by completing our online contact form or calling our office today.