Have you lost a loved one to a trucking accident? Are you feeling devastated and ready to demand the liable party be brought to justice? If so, a reputable Collierville fatal truck accident lawyer at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC is here to help you stand up and fight for your loved one’s rights.
Contact our team for a free consultation today and learn more about what you expect next from your fatal truck accident claim and who could be held accountable for your loved one’s passing.
Causes of Fatal Truck Accidents in Collierville
Your fatal truck accident lawyer in Collierville, TN needs to analyze the circumstances of your loved one’s death to determine how the accident occurred. Establishing liability is critical in any fatal truck accident claim. The liable party can be ordered to cover all of your loved one’s expenses and compensate your family for your suffering.
Some of the more common ways in which Collierville fatal truck accidents occur include:
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Following too closely
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to stop or yield
- Making illegal turns
- Failure to drive safely in poor weather
- Malfunctioning tractor-trailer parts
The way your loved one passed away will put your Collierville fatal truck accident attorney in the direction of the liable party. Although certain types of negligent driving may lead you to believe that the truck driver should be held accountable, you might be shocked to learn there are other parties who could also share the blame.
In addition to filing a claim against negligent truck drivers, you might also have the right to file a claim against the owner of the truck or the trucking company. Truck owners and companies have an obligation to properly vet potential truck drivers and ensure the safety of the 18-wheeler. Failure to do so in any capacity may be considered negligence and result in the trucking company or truck owner being found liable.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal truck accidents lawyer serving Collierville, call (901) 526-2126
How Collierville Fatal Truck Accident Claims Work
Your fatal truck accident attorney in Collierville, TN will be by your side through every step of the claims process. However, you may have no idea what the claims process looks like or what you expect next.
Here is a general idea of what you can expect as you take legal action against those responsible for your loved one’s passing:
- You hire a Collierville fatal truck accident lawyer for help
- Your lawyer determines how your loved one passed away and who is responsible for causing the accident
- We gather evidence throughout our investigation to establish negligence and liability
- Your lawyer goes over your family’s losses and the way your loved one’s life was affected before they passed away to calculate the value of your fatal truck accident claim
- We prepare court filings and insurance claims
- Next we negotiate with the insurance company for a reasonable settlement offer
- If the defendant does not have insurance coverage for the defendant’s insurance coverage does not cover your family’s losses in full, we will bring your fatal truck accident claim to court
Collierville Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (901) 526-2126
The Authority to File a Fatal Truck Accident Lawsuit in Collierville
Only certain parties have the authority to file a wrongful death action after a fatal truck accident. Our fatal truck accident lawyers are here to help you figure out what legal options are available to you.
If you are interested in filing a wrongful death claim, you need to make sure that you have the right to do so. Under Tennessee’s wrongful death laws, only specific parties have this right. They include:
- The decedent’s surviving spouse
- If the decedent was not married, the decedent’s surviving adult children
- If the decedent did not have surviving adult children or a spouse, the decedent’s personal representative
- If the decedent did not have surviving children, a spouse, or an executor or administrator to handle the decedent’s wrongful death claim, the decedent’s surviving parents have the right to file the claim
If you are still unsure whether you have the right to file a fatal wrongful death claim, you can find out by contacting our office for a complimentary assessment of your case.
Click to contact our Collierville Truck Accident Lawyers today
Statute of Limitations for Collierville Fatal Truck Accident Lawsuits
It is important to take action on your lawsuit as soon as possible. Although dealing with a lengthy civil claim or insurance claim negotiations process may seem like the last thing you want to do when you are mourning your loss, you must take action on your claim before the statute of limitations expires.
Our fatal truck accident attorneys are here to ensure your lawsuit is filed before the one-year statute of limitations passes. One year is not a lot of time to build a powerful case against a liable party. The sooner we get started, the better. If your lawsuit is not filed in time, the court system in Collierville will simply refuse to hear your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recoverable Damages for Fatal Truck Accident Losses in Collierville
Your family has been through so much, and there is no amount of money that will change the loss of your loved one. However, you can demand justice and fight for the liable party to be held accountable across all avenues.
There are a variety of damages that may be recoverable and fatal truck accident claims. Examples include
- Coverage of the decedent’s funeral and burial expenses
- Coverage of the decedent’s medical expenses prior to their death
- Compensation for the decedent’s loss of income and future earning potential
- The surviving family member’s loss of inheritance or household services
- The surviving family member’s loss of protection, advice, love, support, companionship, society, and guidance
Contact a Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer in Collierville for Help Today
Pursuing legal action when you are dealing with a death in the family can seem like far too much to handle. However, it is up to you to stand up and advocate for justice for your cherished family member. Get help making the liable party pay.
Reach out to a compassionate Collierville fatal truck accident lawyer at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC for a free consultation today. Schedule yours by calling us or completing our online contact form.
Call or text (901) 526-2126 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form