Dump trucks are powerful vehicles and perform a vital role in the construction industry. Dump truck accidents, unfortunately, can be as powerful as the vehicles themselves. Collisions can leave victims with severe, often permanent, physical injuries and a frightening financial future.
If you are the victim of a dump-truck accident, turn to a Southaven dump truck accident lawyer from Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu, & Montesi PLC for help. With skill and determination, your lawyer will fight to get you the financial compensation and relief you need and deserve.
Where Dump Truck Accidents Can Occur
Dump trucks are mainly used to transport construction supplies or debris to a site or a dumping location. The size and structure of a dump truck allow it to carry heavy loads of sand, gravel, rocks, dirt, or other materials. These large vehicles are often essential to successful construction.
Accidents can occur en route to construction or dump sites or at the sites themselves. On-the-road accidents occur when trucks are overloaded, since the extra weight makes them harder to balance, control, or stop, resulting in rollover accidents or collisions. If cargo is not properly secured in the truck bed as legally required, flying debris can also cause accidents by smashing into other vehicles or landing on the road and creating obstacles for other drivers.
Dump-truck accidents also occur in construction zones. Low visibility can make it difficult for operators to see workers behind them and back over those workers. A review of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) accident report page shows the frequency of back-over dump truck accidents.
For a free legal consultation with a dump truck accidents lawyer serving Southaven, call (901) 526-2126
Injuries You Can Sustain in a Southaven Dump Truck Accident
Injuries sustained in dump-truck accidents are typically severe. The massive size and weight of the truck and its content make for devastating collisions. Among other life-changing damages, victims may experience:
- Broken or shattered bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
- Head trauma
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Internal bleeding
If you are involved in a dump-truck accident, you will likely need extensive medical care and time off from work. You may require assistance to care for yourself and move through your daily life.
These needs may be permanent. To ensure they are met, have a dump truck accident lawyer in Southaven fight for your fair compensation.
Southaven Dump Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (901) 526-2126
Damages You Can Seek Through a Settlement
In the aftermath of your accident, you will be under significant stress as you deal with physical pain, emotional trauma, and a potential financial crisis from skyrocketing medical expenses. A Southaven dump truck accident attorney from Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu, & Montesi PLC can help relieve that stress by pursuing a settlement to cover your losses and stabilize your financial future.
The specifics of your case will determine your settlement amount. However, most injury claims for Southaven dump-truck accidents seek coverage for:
- Medical expenditures: This can include bills for all accident-related interventions plus expected future care costs. Your lawyer will review your prognosis and consult with medical experts to calculate those potential costs and pursue a settlement to cover them.
- Financial losses: Missed time at work brings lost wages. If you cannot return to work, that loss is permanent. A settlement can recover those lost wages, and your lawyer will factor your lost future earnings into your settlement.
- Property damage: Your vehicle and possessions inside of it may require extensive repair or complete replacement. Your lawyer will seek to recover the value of that lost property.
- Emotional losses: Your injuries and pain may leave you unable to participate in your typical daily activities or social events, care for yourself, or engage with others as you once did. A financial settlement can provide reimbursement for that suffering.
For a Successful Outcome, You Must Prove Negligence
For your claim to be successful, you must prove the at-fault party’s negligence. A skilled dump truck accident attorney in Southaven is more than up to this task. Your lawyer will investigate the circumstances of your accident thoroughly.
They will access and examine evidence from the accident scene and police and medical reports. Your attorney will also consult with relevant experts and interview witnesses.
Your attorney will then determine the cause of your accident and discover what party must be held accountable. From there, your lawyer will prove:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. This means the party was obligated to avoid actions that put you in danger and perform actions to promote your safety. Construction site managers owe their workers and drivers passing by the zones a duty of care.
- The at-fault party failed to fulfill their duty of care. For example, a driver may have operated their vehicle recklessly or while distracted or drunk. A construction site manager may have failed to properly mark and maintain safe construction zones, or a vehicle inspector may not have carried out a thorough examination of the truck.
- The breach of duty of care led to your accident and subsequent injuries. For example, if the driver was speeding, your lawyer must prove that this illegal action led to your accident.
- You suffered quantifiable losses because of the accident. Your lawyer will present your medical costs, financial losses, property damage, and an amount representing your emotional losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Need an Effective Negotiator Fighting for You
At-fault parties and their representatives do not want to own their culpability and pay you a settlement. Often, these parties resort to unfair and intimidating tactics to point the finger at you or some other party. They will try to convince you their lowball settlement offer is actually generous and the most you can expect.
Do not provide these representatives any opportunity to coerce or intimidate you. Instead, leave all negotiations to your Southaven dump truck accident lawyer, who will handle these communications skillfully and boldly.
Hire a Southaven Dump Truck Accident Lawyer Now
Taking the first step toward justice and a stable financial future is easy with Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu, & Montesi PLC. An expert Southaven dump truck accident lawyer will consult with you for free, and you will not pay for any services until you secure a fair settlement. We look forward to helping you move toward recovery.
Contact us with our convenient online form to schedule your no-risk case evaluation today.