Car Accident Attorneys in Memphis
Committed to Helping You Get Every Dollar You Deserve After an Auto Collision
A car accident can occur in the blink of an eye. Whether the other driver was speeding, talking on a cell phone, or simply not paying attention, your life could be forever changed.
Our Memphis car accident lawyers believe you’ve suffered enough and should not have to carry the burden of medical bills and insurance disputes by yourself. You need some to represent you so you can focus on your recovery and getting back to living the life you deserve. We are prepared to fight on your behalf so that you have ample opportunity to collect full compensation!
Call (901) 526-2126 today to speak with us about your case!
How Can We Help You?
The law firm of Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC has decades of experience helping drivers, passengers, bicyclists, pedestrians, victims of drunk drivers, and others to recover fair compensation.
In other words, if you live in the Tri-State areas of western Tennessee, eastern Arkansas, or northern Mississippi, and have been injured in an auto wreck, yes, we can help. We encourage you to call or contact our attorneys today.
When you call, we offer a free consultation to help you determine what kind of help we can provide. We’ll ask you about the details and even send an investigator to you to help us gather more information. By choosing GKBM, you’re choosing a firm that cares. Our goal is to help you get the most out of your case.
When you call Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, you can expect us to:
- Listen carefully to your story
- Gather the initial details
- Answer any questions you may have
- Advise you on next steps
- Investigate the accident (the scene, talk to witnesses, gather all evidence related to your accident, etc.)
- Review all important documents, including the police report and medical records
- Meet with the insurance company
- Help you file your insurance claim
- Demand justice for your injuries
What Should You Do after a Car Wreck?
The first and most important step is to make sure that you are safe. Getting appropriate medical care is always the number one priority. Do this as soon as possible. Call 911 right away or contact the Memphis police. When you see a doctor, make sure to tell them about every symptom or injury you’ve experienced since the accident. Don’t exaggerate, but don’t minimize or leave out any information either. It’s important to get all of this documented because a serious injury may not fully reveal itself for weeks or months.
Next, you need to decide how you want to handle the case – do you want to try to do it on your own or do you want a professional on your side?
The other thing to keep in mind after a car accident is that the insurance companies are not your friends, and you should not make any statements about the accident to anyone other than law enforcement — not even to your doctor. Wait until you talk to a Memphis car accident lawyer.
Increase Your Chances of a Higher Settlement by Working with an Attorney
Victims of car accidents should not accept offers from insurance companies or the other party involved in the accident without consulting an experienced attorney. Studies have shown that car accident victims get up to 350% more money when they work with an attorney.
Here are several examples of how we assisted car accident victims in the past:
- The firm represented a 22-year-old, female college student who was a passenger in a motor vehicle accident that occurred in Mississippi. The young lady sustained a chest contusion and small herniated disc in her mid-back. The client received minimal medical treatment, no permanent injury, and incurred medical bills totaling less than $3,400. We were able to successfully mediate and settle the case for $75,000
- The firm represented two brothers who were in high school that were involved in a motor vehicle accident. The younger brother sustained a laceration to his forehead, requiring sutures, and the other brother sustained a frontal head brain contusion. Neither brother was wearing his seat belt. Fortunately, the two young men did not require extensive medical treatment and only followed up with medical treatment one time after going to the emergency room. The claims were successfully settled for a total amount of $100,000. The firm obtained substantial reductions in the emergency room/hospital bills, resulting in more money paid to the young men to compensate them for their injuries.
View more verdicts and settlements.
Standing Up to Big Insurance Companies
Although your health is the most important concern after a car accident, insurance issues or disputes associated with a car accident can make your life a lot more stressful than it needs to be. You don’t need this. Our lawyers know that and can take care of these insurance issues for you.
Whether it involves making sure you get the medical care you need right now or making your own automobile insurer provide the uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage you’ve paid for, we do what it takes to protect and take care of you.
We’ve dealt with insurance companies for years and know what needs to happen to get you the help that you require. Our team of experts is here to help you get taken care of.
How Comparative Negligence Laws May Affect Your Claim
Tennessee operates under a modified comparative negligence law that will prevent you from receiving any financial compensation if you are found to be more than 50% at fault for the crash. If you are found to be less than 50% at fault, your total compensation will be reduced by that percentage.
While you may feel that you share no blame for the accident, it's not unlikely for the other driver, or their insurance company, to claim that you are partially at fault in order to reduce a potential settlement. In cases where fault may be contested, you need an experienced car accident attorney on your side to help prove your claim and fight for a maximum settlement.
One Call, That’s All. Dial (901) 526-2126 Today.
Whether you come to see us in Memphis or we travel to meet with you in your home or at the hospital, the consultation is free — no strings attached. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day and our firm has a second office location in Olive Branch, Mississippi.
We handle car accident injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency basis. Our Memphis car accident lawyers do not charge any legal fees unless we obtain a settlement or verdict on your behalf.
Fatal Car Accident $5 Million
Vehicle Rollover Accident $1.8 Million
Highway Construction Zone Accident $1 Million
4-Way Stop $1 Million
Pick-Up Truck Accident $1 Million
Passenger Injuries $865 Thousand
Vehicle Rollover $865 Thousand
Running a Stop Sign $795 Thousand
Ambulance Accident $750 Thousand
Running a Stop Sign $750 Thousand
Ambulance Accident $750 Thousand
Running a Stop Sign $700 Thousand
Highway Accident $495 Thousand
Highway Accident $400 Thousand
Running a Red Light $250 Thousand
Pick-Up Truck Accident $105 Thousand
Four-Car Chain Reaction $100 Thousand
Car Accident $100 Thousand
Drunk Driver Speeding Accident $80 Thousand
Passenger Injuries $75 Thousand