Construction projects fuel the economy, provide jobs, and upgrade communities. They are also locations ripe for accidents and injury. The rough terrain of a construction site is dangerous as is, but that danger is compounded by powerful equipment and massive vehicles.
Construction accident injuries tend to be quite serious, requiring significant medical care and taking time away from work. In the worst-case scenarios, the injuries can be catastrophic, changing the lives of victims permanently.
A Conway personal injury lawyer from GBKM can help if you have been injured in a construction accident. A Conway construction accident lawyer from our team will review your accident carefully and hold negligent parties accountable for paying you compensation. We are ready to get to work for you today.
A Conway Construction Accident Attorney Will Manage Your Case With Skill
By partnering with a Conway construction accident attorney as soon as possible after your accident, you put yourself in the best position to collect the substantial settlement you deserve. Quick access to your case provides your attorney the opportunity to collect evidence while it is still available. Your attorney will:
- Collect statements from witnesses while their memories are still fresh
- Gather physical evidence from the scene
- Access photo or video footage
- Consult with your doctors regarding the specific causes of your injuries and your prognosis
- Seek input from other experts, perhaps accident reconstructionists, engineers, or others in the construction field
- Secure any other relevant information. For instance, if a vehicle was involved in the accident, your attorney will dig into that vehicle’s functioning and inspection history, and the extent of the vehicle operator’s training
Through this investigation, your attorney will determine the cause of your accident and identify the at-fault party, so you can proceed with the next steps.
Making a Settlement Demand
You need a settlement to cover the various damages suffered in the accident. Often, victims working for a settlement on their own underestimate the extent of their losses and accept a lowball offer from the at-fault party’s representatives, thinking it is enough or the best they can get. Sadly, insurance companies prey on victims’ vulnerabilities and inexperience and use intimidating or coercive tactics to convince them to accept these inadequate offers.
It does not take long for victims to realize the settlement is not enough, but once a deal is accepted, there is no reopening the claim. Do not risk losing the settlement you deserve. Have an experienced construction accident attorney in Conway assess your losses and make a fair settlement demand. Though every case and result is different, you can expect your attorney to pursue compensation for:
- Medical bills, future medical care costs, lost income during recovery time, future lost earnings, and benefits if you cannot return to work
- Additional expenses you face because of the accident. You may have sustained property damage, have had to hire outside help for childcare, transportation, or household responsibilities, for example
- Your physical pain and psychological suffering
- Losses to your overall enjoyment of life
By holding the at-fault party accountable for all the damages you have sustained, you set yourself up for a fuller recovery and better quality of life.
Securing a Settlement
Once your attorney has made the settlement demand, the at-fault party’s insurance representative will make a counteroffer–and of course, it will be for a lower amount. The team at GKBM is made of skilled negotiators. Your attorney knows what your case is worth, knows Arkansas law, and will not allow shady insurance company tactics to get in the way of your fair settlement.
Most injury claims are settled out of court. However, if the other side throws up roadblocks or refuses to make reasonable offers, you may decide to take your case to court. You can count on your Conway construction accident lawyer to represent you at every trial proceeding.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Types of Construction Accidents in Conway
According to the Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA), most construction accidents fit into four categories:
- Falls: Construction jobs often require working from high ladders, scaffolding, roofs, or other platforms. Open stairwells, roof, ceiling, or floor openings also create fall potential
- Struck-by: When equipment or debris falls from those high places, from vehicles, or swings from one place to another with help from a crane, workers can be struck
- Caught-Between: Workers can become trapped between parts of a vehicle or between a construction vehicle and another structure. They can also fall into, and become stuck in, trenches or other spaces
- Electrocutions: Unmarked or exposed power sources, ungrounded electrical equipment, or faulty circuits create opportunities for power surges or contact with power sources
Other accidents common to construction zones include burns either from electrical fires or other sources of flames or from contact with or ingestion of chemicals. Vehicle accidents also occur. Construction vehicles can crash with other vehicles or structures on the site or with cars passing through construction zones. Pedestrians can be hit by construction vehicles, and workers can be hit by traffic traveling by or through road construction sites.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
Parties to Hold Accountable in a Conway Construction Accident
It is of utmost importance to file your claim against the true at-fault party, and your construction accident attorney in Conway will identify that party through their investigation. Possible liable parties include:
- Another worker
- Supervisors or managers who did not properly train workers or maintain site safety regulations
- Equipment manufacturers
- Vehicle-part manufacturers or those overseeing vehicle maintenance and inspection
- Private-vehicle drivers
- Architects or engineers involved with the project
Though not comprehensive, this list shows the at-fault party may not be immediately obvious. Do not make a claim based on “impressions” or even common sense. Trust your lawyer to examine your situation and draw the correct and provable conclusion.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Now Is the Time to Contact a Conway Construction Accident Attorney
GKBM has fought successfully for accident victims for over four decades. We are ready to continue that fight for you. Construction accidents cause physical and emotional pain and significant financial loss.
When someone else’s negligence caused the accidents, you should not bear the costs. With a call or message, reach out to a Conway construction accident lawyer from our team today. That is all it takes to start moving toward the settlement you need.