Buses are used every day by a variety of individuals, from school children to employees without personal vehicles to vacationers. Riding a bus has many benefits, including environmental and financial. However, riding a bus can also be risky.
If you have been injured in a bus accident, it was probably not your fault. In this instance, a Covington bus accident lawyer can help you file a claim against the responsible party. Our Covington personal injury lawyers at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC can help you recover compensation for the injuries and other losses you suffered in your Covington bus accident.
Risks of Riding a Bus in Covington
While riding a bus has many benefits, it also has risks. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that there were 45,900 bus and large truck crashes with injuries and more than 4,840 fatal bus and large truck accidents in 2020. Inherent risks of buses include:
- Their size: According to the FMCSA, a bus is any vehicle that transports at least nine passengers. Because of their large size and weight, injuries sustained in bus accidents are often more severe than those sustained in accidents involving smaller vehicles.
- Their number of passengers: The more crowded a bus is, the louder its cabin can become, making it difficult for the driver to concentrate or hear necessary signals. The risk of an accident can increase when the driver is distracted by loud noise and a lot of activity.
- Their limited safety features: Buses are not typically equipped with seatbelts or airbags. The lack of these features can cause injuries sustained in accidents to be much more severe than in crashes wherein safety features are used.
Despite the risks of buses, many individuals do not have other transportation options. For example, many parents are not able to drive their children to school each day. Other individuals do not have personal vehicles by which to get to work or appointments.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Types of Buses
There are several types of buses used in the Covington area. These buses transport a variety of people for business and personal journeys. Common types of buses you may see in Covington include the following:
- School buses: Tipton County school buses transport more than 8,000 students on over 150 buses daily.
- Public transit buses: Bus companies, such as Delta HRA Transportation, transport individuals to the doctor, bank, grocery store, or anywhere else they need to go.
- Charter buses: Every year, millions of travelers use charter buses, such as Greyhound Bus Lines in Covington, to travel to various destinations around the country.
- Freight buses: Some buses are designed to transport heavy cargo rather than people.
You may have seen these and other types of buses on the Covington roadways. Depending on the type of bus involved in your accident, you could have claims against various parties, including the bus driver, the bus company, or a municipality. A skilled bus accident attorney in Covington can help you review your options for monetary recovery after your accident.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
Types of Bus Accidents in Covington
There are several types of bus accidents that could entitle you to compensation for injuries. You do not necessarily have to be a passenger on a bus to file a claim for damages. Examples of bus accidents you may file a personal injury claim for include the following:
- The bus on which you are a passenger collides with another motor vehicle or object.
- The other type of vehicle in which you are a driver or passenger is hit by a bus.
- A bus collides with you while you are a pedestrian or bicycle rider.
It does not matter what type of bus accident you are involved in if you suffered injuries because of someone else’s negligence. You may be entitled to file a claim for damages. A Covington bus accident attorney can review the details of your accident and review your options for filing a claim for recovery with you.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Causes of Bus Accidents in Covington
With more than 95,520 miles of public roads in Tennessee, there are many ways bus accidents can be caused. Some of these causes are the same as with any other motor vehicle; however, some causes of accidents are more likely to occur with buses because of their large size and weight. Common causes of bus accidents include:
- Failure to follow traffic laws
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Blind spot collisions
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Weather and road conditions
- Poor driver training
Regardless of how your bus accident was caused, it is wise to contact a bus accident lawyer in Covington as soon as possible. We can investigate your accident and determine who may be liable for your injuries. Then, we can review your options for recovering damages for those losses.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
Common Bus Accident Injuries
As previously discussed, because of the large size and weight of buses, the injuries an accident victim can sustain in a bus accident can be very serious. Injuries can range from mild to fatal. Common bus accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
If you suffered any type of injury in a bus accident, it is recommended that you consult with a bus accident lawyer in Covington as soon after your accident as possible. Our experienced personal injury attorneys at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC can determine what compensation is reasonable for your injuries and other losses. Even if you do not think you are hurt, you should seek medical assistance right away, as you may have injuries you cannot see.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
Contact a Covington Bus Accident Lawyer Today
Retaining a Covington bus accident attorney should be one of your first steps in obtaining justice after your accident. We can help you get the compensation you deserve after suffering from someone else’s negligence. Bus accidents can cause long-lasting injuries and damage, and our skilled bus accident lawyers can help you obtain monetary damages for your injuries and other losses.
Do not wait. Contact our personal injury lawyers at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC today for a free, no-obligation consultation regarding your bus accident. We can investigate your accident, determine who was liable, and work to get you compensated for your losses.