Distracted driving is a growing problem in the United States and worldwide. The rise of technology has brought about new and more dangerous forms of distraction that drivers face daily on the road. In Germantown, Tennessee, this problem is just as real, and victims of distracted driving accidents need a lawyer who is experienced and knowledgeable about the laws and regulations surrounding these types of cases.
Those in need of a Germantown distracted driving accident lawyer come to Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, because of our passion for justice and protecting our clients’ rights.
Why Distracted Driving Is a Problem
Distracted driving is a problem because it significantly increases the risk of accidents and fatalities on the road. When drivers take their attention away from the road, even for a few seconds, they put themselves and others in danger. Distractions can come in many forms, including texting, talking on the phone, eating, drinking, adjusting the radio or GPS, and even daydreaming.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that every day in the U.S., over nine people are killed, and over 1,000 are injured in crashes involving distracted drivers. According to a survey by the National Safety Council, almost 70% of drivers admit to engaging in at least one potentially distracting behavior while driving in the past 30 days. It is vital to know what to do if you have been involved in a distracted driving accident.
For a free legal consultation with a distracted driving accidents lawyer serving Germantown, call (901) 526-2126
Common Causes of Distracted Driving Accidents in Germantown
Numerous factors can cause distracted driving accidents. The most common reasons for distracted driving accidents include the following:
- Cell phone use: Talking on the phone, texting, or using apps while driving are among the most common forms of distracted driving. These activities require the driver to take their eyes off the road, hands off the wheel, and attention off driving.
- Eating or drinking: Eating or drinking while driving takes the driver’s attention away from the road and can lead to accidents.
- Passengers: Interacting with passengers, such as turning to talk to them, can distract them while driving.
- Navigation: Using a GPS or other navigation systems can be distracting, requiring the driver to take their eyes off the road for extended periods of time.
- Adjusting the radio or climate control: Changing the radio station, adjusting the air conditioning or heating, or fiddling with other controls can take the driver’s attention away from the road and increase the risk of an accident.
- Fatigue: Driving while drowsy or fatigued can slow reaction times and decrease a driver’s ability to pay attention to the road.
It is important to note that any activity that takes a driver’s attention away from the road can be considered distracted driving and can increase the risk of an accident. Drivers should avoid all distractions while behind the wheel and focus on driving safely. Those injured in distracted driving accidents should speak with a distracted driving accident lawyer in Germantown.
Germantown Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (901) 526-2126
Distracted Driving Accident Injuries
Distracted driving accidents can result in many injuries, including those listed below. If you are an accident victim, consult a distracted driving accident attorney in Germantown about what to do next.
- Head and neck injuries: These can range from mild concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones: Accidents involving distracted drivers can result in broken bones, including fractures and dislocations.
- Burns: In some cases, distracted driving accidents can result in burns from car fires or exposure to hot liquids.
- Soft tissue injuries: These can include bruises, cuts, sprains, and strains from the impact of the crash.
- Internal injuries: Distracted driving accidents can also result in internal injuries, such as organ damage or internal bleeding.
- Psychological injuries: In addition to physical injuries, distracted driving accidents can also result in psychological trauma, such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
The severity of injuries caused by distracted driving accidents can range from minor to life-threatening, and victims may require extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation, and long-term care. It is important for victims of these accidents to get medical attention as soon as possible and to consult with a knowledgeable Germantown distracted driving accident attorney who can help them recover the compensation they deserve.
Click to contact our Germantown Car Accident Lawyers today
Proving Liability in a Distracted Driving Accident Case In Germantown
Proving liability in Tennessee requires a comprehensive approach that involves gathering and presenting evidence. Eyewitness testimony can be crucial in these cases, as it can provide an account of what the other driver was doing before the crash. If someone saw the other driver using their cell phone or engaging in distracting behavior, their testimony can help establish the other driver’s level of negligence.
Cell phone records are another important type of evidence that can be used to prove liability in a distracted driving case. These records can provide information about the other driver’s phone usage at the time of the crash and can help establish whether they were distracted. Police reports can also be valuable in these cases, as they can provide information about the circumstances of the crash and any evidence of distracted driving.
In some cases, footage of the crash may be captured by a dashcam or surveillance camera. This footage can be used as evidence in court and provide a clear picture of what occurred during the crash. Additionally, an accident reconstruction expert may be able to provide testimony about the cause of the crash and whether distracted driving was a factor.
Proving liability in Tennessee requires a careful and thorough examination of the evidence. With the right approach, holding the other driver accountable and recovering the rightfully owed compensation is possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, for a Germantown Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
At Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, we connect clients with the Germantown distracted driving accident lawyer they seek. Our dedicated distracted driving accident lawyers deeply understand the complex legal issues surrounding these cases and the skills necessary to build a strong and effective case on your behalf. We have a proven track record of success. Contact us today so we can help with your case and give you the representation you deserve.
Call or text (901) 526-2126 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form