Driving around West Memphis, you will encounter many different drivers and vehicles, and a crash can ensue at any moment. It takes seconds of inattention or reckless behavior to change someone’s life. Car accidents happen daily, and the most common is a rear-end collision. These collisions are worse when they involve a commercial truck because the size difference plus negligence is often deadly.
When the rear driver is negligent and crashes into the lead driver, the devastation that results is insurmountable. After a wreck, you must speak with a personal injury lawyer in West Memphis, AR, from Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, to discuss your options.
Inattention Leads to Rear-End Collisions
Car accidents can happen in several ways, and the leading cause is negligence. Rear-end collisions are terrifying because there is no time to prepare, at least for the victims. Driver error takes many forms:
- Speeding: going too fast for conditions or ignoring posted speed limits are two types of speeding that lead to rear-end collisions. Excessive speed can also cause extensive injuries.
- Inattention: not paying attention to the lead vehicle, stop signs, or lights is common among rear-end collisions. The rear driver just isn’t paying attention, and it is not due to a distraction.
- Distractions: using a cell phone, talking to passengers, spacing out, listening to a podcast, and much more are distractions drivers should and can avoid. Full attention to driving is necessary for everyone’s safety.
- Defective parts: while rare, faulty vehicle parts can cause a driver’s brakes to fail or tires to blow out. Bad tires can lead to hydroplaning and losing control of the vehicle. A defective part can make it impossible to drive when the weather is lousy.
- Impairment: drugs and alcohol can impair drivers and affect their judgment, vision, and reaction time. When someone is not in their right mind, they will act recklessly and cause a collision.
- Aggressive driving: dangerous driving habits and a complete disregard for the safety of others is aggressive driving. Some examples include erratic lane changes, disobeying traffic signals, improper turns, tailgating, etc. Road rage is another form of aggressive driving.
All of these causes have in common that the rear driver was negligent, resulting in serious injury to the lead driver. You need the assistance of our West Memphis rear-end collision attorneys to determine what the driver was doing at the time and how it will impact your claim.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Severe Injuries Can Happen
Drivers are sometimes under the impression that rear-end collisions are minor and there is no way they can lead to severe injuries. While some rear-end crashes fall into the fender bender category leaving the vehicles with minor scratches, most do not. Speed and driver action are contributing factors in how severe these incidents are.
Common severe injuries that can happen from a rear-end collision include:
- Spinal cord injuries: you can lose sensation, mobility, and bodily function in multiple body parts.
- Burn injuries: there are varying degrees of burns, and some can impact the fat, muscles, and bones. These burns can lead to amputations, permanent scars, or death.
- Traumatic brain injuries: leaving victims with cognitive disorders and conditions, these injuries affect the rest of their life.
- Scarring and disfigurement: victims often jolt forward and hit their heads on the steering wheel or dashboard, which can lead to permanent scars. Plastic surgery can help alleviate some injuries, but some lead to permanent disfigurement.
- Broken bones: Victims cannot fully heal from broken bones depending on how they happen. Multiple broken bones require extensive medical attention.
Injuries will range contingent on the factors of your claim, and you must get medical attention immediately. After you get medical attention, you must speak with a West Memphis rear-end collision lawyer.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
Why It’s Necessary to Hire a West Memphis Personal Injury Lawyer
Yes, you must hire a rear-end collision lawyer in West Memphis, AR, because you face possible disability, mounting medical bills, pain, lost wages, and emotional trauma. Many victims believe they can handle the insurance process and quickly find out they cannot. It is tedious, and a lot of legal jargon can hinder your claim.
Conversely, insurance adjusters handle claims for a living, and they have seen it all. They know exactly what to do and tell you to convince you to take a lower claim. Securing compensation is essential for your future, and when you work independently, you can leave money on the table. Hiring our West Memphis rear-end collision lawyers means you get services like:
- Expert investigations
- Gathering evidence for your claim
- Determine your economic and non-economic losses
- Negotiate a settlement
- Representation in litigation and trial
We understand you want to move on from this incident and believe an early settlement is critical, but early settlements are also meager. These offers do not cover your losses and only benefit the insurer. Once you accept an offer, you cannot take any other action to get more in the future.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Compensation Is Higher When You Work with a Lawyer
When you work with a West Memphis personal injury lawyer, you will obtain higher compensation than trying to handle these cases independently. Payment will vary depending on the damages you suffer, but we will get compensation for the following:
- Time off work
- Hospital bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of companionship
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of quality of life
- Pain and suffering
We will work with financial experts and your doctors to determine your losses and negotiate a settlement with the issuance company. There are many damages that accident victims do not realize they are eligible for but are essential to their recovery.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
GKBM Works for You
After a rear-end collision, you must contact Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC to discuss your options and file a compensation claim. We will gather evidence to help your claim and work diligently to get you the payment you deserve for your losses. The other driver was negligent, and they must answer for their wrongdoings.
The insurance company cannot deny or lowball you when you have us in your corner. Schedule an initial consultation with a West Memphis rear-end collision lawyer today.