The loss of a loved one in a fatal motorcycle accident has far-flung effects. You can suffer emotional distress due to the loss of your loved one. In addition, you are forced to deal with the financial ramifications that follow your loved one’s fatal motorcycle accident.
At Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, we help people impacted by fatal motorcycle accidents. If you lost a loved one in a fatal motorcycle accident in Bartlett, we can help. Our Bartlett personal injury lawyer can review your case and help you move forward with a personal injury lawsuit.
Why Fatal Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Bartlett
There are over eight million registered motorcycles in the United States. Even though many riders take every precaution, fatal motorcycle accidents still occur daily. Common reasons why these accidents happen include:
A Motorist does Not See a Rider Turning
Riders use directional or hand signals to indicate when they are turning. Yet, a motorist may not see a rider or choose to keep driving. In either scenario, the motorist can strike the rider, leading to a fatal motorcycle accident.
Poor Road Conditions
Loose gravel, uneven pavement, and other dangerous road conditions affect riders and motorists alike. A rider may slow down due to poor road conditions, but there is no guarantee a motorist will do the same. If the motorist is driving too fast or cannot stop quickly enough, this individual can strike a rider and cause a fatal accident.
Distracted driving is a serious problem for motorists of all ages. When a motorist takes their eyes off the road, anything can happen. In some of the worst-case scenarios, a distracted driver can hit a rider, resulting in a fatal motorcycle accident.
You cannot change the fact that a loved one was killed in a fatal motorcycle accident in Bartlett. However, you can do your part to make sure a negligent driver that caused the accident is held responsible. To do so, it is important to partner with an experienced Bartlett fatal motorcycle accident attorney.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
When to Hire a Fatal Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Bartlett
You can hire a fatal motorcycle accident attorney in Bartlett to help you with a wrongful death claim. In this instance, you can request damages from the person responsible for your loved one’s fatal motorcycle accident. Your attorney will encourage you to pursue damages relating to:
- Your loved one’s funeral and burial costs
- Loss of income or potential earnings from your loved one
- Pain and suffering your loved one incurred before their death
- Your loved one’s medical bills
A wrongful death lawsuit requires patience and hard work. The right lawyer is up to the task. This legal professional does everything in their power to help you present a compelling argument to a judge or jury.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
How to Argue Your Bartlett Fatal Motorcycle Accident Case
Your lawyer will build a legal strategy that encompasses a variety of evidence, including:
- Your loved one’s death certificate
- A police report from the day of the fatal motorcycle accident
- Photos or videos from the accident scene
- Witness statements
Your attorney will evaluate the evidence with you and determine the best way to present it during your trial. Also, your lawyer will help you prepare for your trial date. That way, you will know what to expect when your trial begins.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
What It Takes to Prepare for a Bartlett Fatal Motorcycle Accident Trial
The time leading up to your trial can be emotionally draining. Fortunately, your lawyer will ensure you are prepared for what lies ahead. To help you get ready for your trial, your attorney will:
- Explain what will happen during your trial. Your lawyer will describe the key players in your trial and what you will be doing as your legal proceedings take place.
- Help you establish realistic expectations. Your attorney will explain all the things that can happen in your trial, including the possibility that you will be awarded full or partial damages or no damages at all.
- Outline the questions you may receive. Your attorney can conduct a “mock trial” in which you are presented with questions you could receive when you take the stand.
- Answer any questions you have about the trial process. Your lawyer can respond to your legal questions at any point before your trial.
Your attorney understands how to prepare for a trial and plans accordingly. Along with getting ready for your trial, your lawyer keeps the lines of communication open with the defendant and their attorney. This allows for negotiations between both sides, which may ultimately eliminate the need for a trial.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
How Your Attorney Can Help You Settle Your Fatal Motorcycle Accident Case Outside of the Courtroom
You can receive a settlement proposal at any time prior to your trial date. The defendant in your case may offer a settlement if you have a strong argument against them. In this scenario, the defendant will propose a settlement in the hopes of avoiding a costly and time-intensive trial.
When you get a settlement proposal in your fatal motorcycle accident case, you should:
- Take your time to respond. Rather than rush to make a decision, consider the offer carefully.
- Consult with your attorney. Meet with your lawyer so you can get legal insights into the offer and consider what can happen if you accept, reject, or counter it.
- Own any decision you make. When you decide on a settlement, make sure you feel confident about it, and resist the urge to approve an offer that falls short of your expectations.
For those who decline a settlement offer, there is no need to stress. You and your attorney can still remain open to settlement proposals. If no settlement is reached, you and your lawyer can go to trial to resolve your case.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
Choose a Bartlett Fatal Motorcycle Accident Lawyer from Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC
Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC can connect you with a highly-rated fatal motorcycle accident attorney. When we do, our attorney can help you develop a successful legal strategy. To learn more or request a consultation, please contact us today.