Losing a loved one to cancer, old age, or another lengthy illness brings enough sadness, heartache, and other emotions. The pain of losing a loved one is difficult to live with, but if your loved one was taken from you in a fatal accident, it can be unbearable. A personal injury lawyer in Bartlett from Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC will vehemently fight for your right to compensation after suffering the loss of a loved one.
Common Fatal Accidents in Bartlett, Tennessee
Just about any accident can lead to a fatality, which is why you need a Bartlett fatal accident lawyer on your side. Our team represents clients who have lost loved ones in the following accidents:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Truck crashes
- Motorcycle crashes
- Car accidents
- Construction accidents
- Premises liability incidents
- Defective products
- Nursing home abuse
- Bicycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
Even if the accident that left your loved one injured was minor, they might suffer life-threatening injuries. Injuries can become exacerbated over the years to the point where your loved one can no longer survive. On the other side of it, your loved one might die at the crash scene or at the hospital.
No matter the situation, you deserve to be compensated for your loss. A Bartlett fatal accident attorney can ensure that your right to compensation is protected.
Construction Accident Fatalities
All told, there were 142 fatalities in Tennessee in 2020 at workplaces throughout the state, according to data from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics. In the construction industry, there were 38 fatalities in 2020, which was the highest industry in the state. This was an increase of 10 deaths compared to 2019.
Car Accident Fatalities in Tennessee
As you might expect, car accidents are one of the leading causes of fatal accidents in Tennessee every year. There were 1,217 people killed across Tennessee in car accidents in 2020, according to data from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). That equates to 17.6 deaths per 100,000 people and 1.59 deaths per 100 million miles traveled.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Placing a Value on a Tennessee Wrongful Death Claim
Every fatal accident is different from the last, which means that determining the value of your claim can be difficult until all of the circumstances are brought to the forefront. It does not matter what type of accident led to your loved one’s death; you still deserve to be compensated for your loss.
A multitude of factors go into determining the value of a wrongful death claim, including the following:
- The severity of the injuries your loved one suffered before they died
- The level of negligence on the part of the at-fault person
- The circumstances under which your loved one died
- The results of an accident reconstruction or investigation
- If the at-fault party acted intentionally
- The medical bills accrued prior to your loved one’s death
- The pain and suffering experienced by you and your family
- The impact your loved one had on raising the children, caring for the home, and on your career and education
Damages You Can Seek in a Wrongful Death Claim
When filing a wrongful death claim against the at-fault party that caused the accident, you can seek compensation for a variety of damages. The most common damages that are compensated in a wrongful death claim include the following:
- Loss of benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitative costs
- Loss of current and future earnings
- Loss of consortium
- Costs to renovate your home if your loved one was paralyzed in the accident prior to their death
As always, consulting with a fatal accident attorney in Bartlett can help you build a claim against the at-fault party for an appropriate amount of compensation.
The value of a wrongful death claim can increase if the judge presiding over your case awards punitive damages. These damages are issued in an effort to punish the defendant for their actions, which are often deliberate or heinous.
Tennessee caps punitive damages in the following ways:
- Two times the total amount of the compensation awarded; or,
- $500,000, whichever is the greater value
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
The Tennessee Statute of Limitations
Tennessee gives you just one year from the date of your loved one’s death to file a wrongful death claim, making it the shortest statute of limitations in the country. If your loved one suffered from a disability, you might be able to have the statute of limitations extended. Failing to file by the one-year mark can forfeit your right to compensation.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
How a Bartlett Fatal Accident Lawyer Can Help
The days, weeks, and months following the tragic loss of a loved one in an accident can be a blur. Daily tasks, work, caring for the children, and other common tasks can be difficult to complete as you deal with heavy grief.
The last thing you want to worry about is holding the responsible parties accountable. That is why you need a Bartlett fatal accident lawyer on your side. A member of our team can help you with the following:
- Acquire medical records, witness statements, and police reports
- Conduct an investigation into the cause of the accident
- Secure videos and photos of the crash scene
- Take care of all communication with defense lawyers, insurance companies, and investigators so you can focus on healing
- Create a case for compensation
- Negotiate with the defense team towards a possible settlement
- Prepare to take the case to court if a settlement cannot be reached
- Provide you with regular updates on your case so you are never left in the dark
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
Call a Bartlett Fatal Accident Lawyer Today
If you suffered the loss of a loved one in any type of fatal accident that was caused by someone else, you deserve to be compensated for your loss. At Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi PLC, we treat all of our clients like family and work to ensure your rights are protected at all times. Call our office to schedule a consultation with a Bartlett fatal accident lawyer today.