Distracted driving is engaging in an activity that takes attention away from the primary task of driving. This can range from using a cell phone, eating, drinking, or even talking to passengers. The consequences of distracted driving can be devastating, leading to serious accidents, injuries, and even fatalities.
Why You Should Choose Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC
At Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, we help victims of distracted driving accidents secure the compensation they deserve. Our knowledgeable and compassionate attorneys will work closely with you to understand the specific circumstances of your case and build a strong legal strategy to achieve the best possible outcome. We understand the emotional and financial strain a distracted driving accident can have on a family, and we will fight tirelessly to protect your rights and interests.
We handle all types of distracted driving accidents, including those caused by:
- Texting while driving
- Talking on the phone while driving
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Using GPS or other navigation systems while driving
- Any other form of distracted driving
Our goal is to provide you with personalized attention and support throughout the legal process. We will work to gather evidence and build the strongest case on your behalf. We will negotiate aggressively with insurance companies to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Understanding Distracted Driving
Distracted driving increases the risk of an accident. Common distractions include texting, talking on a cell phone, eating, and adjusting the radio.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration data shows that distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents and fatalities on the road. According to the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security, there are more than 30,000 crashes involving distracted driving in the state. It is vital to know what to do if you have been involved in a distracted driving accident.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
What to Do After a Distracted Driving Accident
If you have been in a distracted driving accident in Bartlett, Tennessee, it’s important to take certain steps to protect your rights and interests. Here are some steps you should follow:
- Seek medical attention: Accept medical attention immediately after an accident. Some injuries, such as head or internal injuries, may not become apparent until later.
- Call the police: Contact the local police and request that they come to the accident scene to make a report. This report will be important in establishing the cause of the accident and determining who is at fault.
- Gather evidence: If possible, take photographs of the scene of the accident, the damage to your vehicle, and any other evidence that may be relevant to your case. You should also get the names and contact information of witnesses who saw the accident.
- Report the accident to your insurance company: Contact your insurance carrier and report the accident immediately. Provide them with the details of the accident and any evidence you have gathered.
- Consult with a personal injury attorney: It’s important to consult with a Bartlett distracted driving accident attorney who is experienced in handling distracted driving cases. Your distracted driving accident lawyer in Bartlett will be able to advise you on your rights and help you secure the compensation you deserve for your damages.
Acting quickly after a distracted driving accident in Bartlett, Tennessee, is important, as there are time limits for filing a personal injury claim. A distracted driving accident attorney in Bartlett can help you understand your rights and ensure that you take the appropriate steps to protect your interests.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Proving Negligence for Distracted Driving Accidents in Bartlett
Proving negligence in a distracted driving accident case in Bartlett, Tennessee involves establishing that the defendant (the distracted driver) had a legal duty to operate their vehicle safely and that they breached that duty, resulting in harm to you. The first step in establishing negligence is to show that the defendant had a legal duty to operate their vehicle safely and reasonably. All drivers in Tennessee must exercise reasonable care while driving.
Next, you must show that the defendant breached their duty of care. In a distracted driving case, you must show that the driver was engaged in some distracting activity during the accident, such as texting, talking on the phone, or eating. You must show that the breach of duty directly caused the accident and your injuries. This means you must demonstrate that the defendant’s distraction was the direct reason for the accident.
Finally, you must prove that you suffered damages from the accident. Damages may include healthcare costs, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
Recoverable Damages for Distracted Driving Accidents in Bartlett
In a distracted driving accident case in Bartlett, Tennessee, you may be entitled to recover various damages to compensate you for your losses. These damages can be divided into two categories: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are those that have a specific monetary value and can be easily calculated, such as:
- Medical expenses: This includes all reasonable and necessary expenses for medical treatment and rehabilitation, including hospital stays, surgery, doctor visits, physical therapy, and any other medical-related costs.
- Lost wages: This includes compensation for any income you lost due to being unable to work due to your injuries.
- Property damage: This includes compensation for any damage to your vehicle or other personal property due to the accident.
Non-economic damages are more subjective in nature and compensate you for intangible losses, such as:
- Pain and suffering: This includes compensation for any physical pain and emotional distress you experienced due to the accident.
- Loss of consortium: This includes compensation for any loss of companionship or affection you experienced due to your injuries.
In a distracted driving case, it’s important to work with an experienced personal injury attorney to calculate the full value of your damages and ensure that you receive fair compensation for all your losses.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
Contact Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, for a Bartlett Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
At Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, we understand the dangers of distracted driving and its impact on the lives of victims and their families. Clients turn to us for a Bartlett distracted driving accident lawyer because our team is dedicated to holding reckless drivers accountable and fighting for the rights of accident victims. Contact us today.