Rollover accidents are a type of motor vehicle accident in which a vehicle tips over onto its side or roof during a crash. These accidents are particularly dangerous because they often result in serious injuries or fatalities for the vehicle’s occupants. Various factors, including driver error, vehicle design defects, and road hazards, can cause rollover accidents.
At Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, our experienced Horn Lake personal injury lawyers understand the devastating effects a rollover accident can have on your life. Our lawyers are skilled negotiators and litigators you can count on.
Why Rollover Accidents Are a Problem
Rollover accidents are some of the most serious motor vehicle accidents, often resulting in severe injuries or fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, rollover crashes account for nearly 35% of all passenger vehicle fatalities. They occur when a vehicle tips over onto its side or roof and can be caused by various factors such as driver error, vehicle design defects, or road hazards.
If you are the victim of a rollover accident, seek legal representation from a rollover accident lawyer in Horn Lake.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Factors Contributing to Rollover Accidents
Various factors, including driver error, vehicle design defects, and road hazards, can cause rollover accidents. Some of the factors that contribute to rollover accidents include the following:
- Vehicle Design Defects: Some vehicles are more prone to rollover accidents due to design defects, such as a high center of gravity, narrow track width, or a lack of stability control systems. The design of a vehicle can affect how it responds to sudden movements, changes in speed, or road conditions.
- Driver Error: Drivers who are speeding, distracted, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs are more inclined to be in a rollover accident. Rollover accidents can also occur when drivers take turns too fast, swerve to avoid obstacles, or overcorrect their steering.
- Road Conditions: Rollover accidents can occur due to road hazards such as potholes, uneven pavement, or debris on the road. When a vehicle hits a road hazard, it can cause the vehicle to tip over and roll.
- Tire Blowouts: A sudden tire blowout can cause a driver to lose control of the vehicle, potentially resulting in a rollover accident. Blowouts can be caused by overinflated or underinflated tires or by worn or damaged tires.
- Environmental Factors: Environmental factors such as wind, rain, or ice can affect the stability of a vehicle, especially if the driver is not prepared to handle the conditions. High winds can cause a vehicle to tip over if the wind catches it at the right angle.
- Overloading: Overloading a vehicle beyond its weight capacity can increase the potential for a rollover accident, as it can affect the vehicle’s balance and stability.
It is important to seek legal representation from a qualified Horn Lake rollover accident attorney who can help you navigate the legal process of recovering compensation for your injuries and damages. A rollover accident attorney in Horn Lake can investigate the cause of the accident and determine who is responsible for your injuries, whether it be the driver, the vehicle manufacturer, or another party.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
Tripped vs. Untripped Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents are a serious type of motor vehicle accident that can cause devastating injuries or even fatalities. These accidents occur when a vehicle tips over onto its side or roof during a crash. Rollover accidents can be divided into two categories: tripped and untripped.
A tripped rollover accident occurs when a vehicle’s wheels hit an object causing the vehicle to become airborne. The most common objects that can cause tripped rollover accidents are curbs, soft soil, or rocks. Once the vehicle becomes airborne, it can rotate, causing it to flip on its side or roof. Road hazards often cause tripped rollover accidents, and they can occur at any speed.
An untripped rollover accident occurs when a vehicle travels at high speed, and the driver loses control of the vehicle. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reports that SUVs have a higher risk of rollover accidents than other passenger vehicles. Drivers may overcorrect or swerve to avoid obstacles, causing the vehicle to slide or roll over. Driver errors, such as speeding, distracted driving, or driving under the influence, often cause untripped rollover accidents.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Recovering Compensation for Rollover Accidents
If you or a loved one has been injured in a rollover accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Our Horn Lake, Mississippi, rollover accident lawyers can help you navigate the legal process of recovering compensation, which may include:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of hospitalization, surgery, medication, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages: If you cannot work due to your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages and future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Rollover accidents can cause physical and emotional pain and suffering, and you may be entitled to compensation for these damages.
- Property damage: If your vehicle was damaged in the accident, you might be entitled to compensation for repair or replacement.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
How a Horn Lake Rollover Accident Lawyer Can Help
It is important to seek legal representation from a rollover accident lawyer who can help you navigate the legal process of recovering compensation for your injuries and damages. This may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage.
Rollover accident lawyers can thoroughly investigate the accident, gather evidence, consult with experts, and build a strong case on your behalf. They can negotiate with insurance companies and other parties involved in the accident, and they will not hesitate to take your case to court if necessary.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
Contact Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC for a Horn Lake Rollover Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a rollover accident in Horn Lake, Mississippi, it is important to seek legal representation from a Horn Lake rollover accident lawyer at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced rollover accident lawyers. We will evaluate your case, answer your questions, and provide you with the guidance and support you need to achieve a successful outcome.