Whether you enjoy having plenty of room for friends and family in an SUV or you need a big pickup to haul big loads, more drivers choose automobiles that are larger and heavier than in years past. These vehicles also have higher centers of gravity, making them vulnerable to rollover crashes. If you have been hurt in this kind of incident, you need a Collierville personal injury lawyer to advise you on your case.
At Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, we know that you probably have severe injuries from your rollover wreck. You need help to understand the insurance and legal systems so you can obtain the maximum compensation available without adding more stress to your life.
We offer free initial consultations to discuss your situation. After that, you can rest and recover while we handle all the paperwork and negotiations on your behalf.
Rollover Crash Definition and Statistics
Rollover accidents happen when your vehicle rolls onto its side or roof during a crash. When vehicles keep rolling, passengers risk extreme trauma and even death. Larger vehicles, such as SUVs or trucks, tend to have a lot of objects in the passenger cabin, and these can turn into projectiles during a rollover.
It can be even worse if a person or animal is unrestrained in an SUV, as they can be thrown from the vehicle or cause injury to others during the crash. In 2020, over 7,100 passengers died in rollover accidents. Most rollover crashes occur after they have been hit by another vehicle or hit a barrier, but nearly one-fourth happen without any impact.
Trucks and SUVs that are overloaded or built with a high center of gravity can roll without any cause if their drivers must swerve or shift lanes quickly. The physical forces at work can tip your vehicle over to its side before you realize what is happening.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Determining Who Is to Blame in a Collierville Rollover Accident
When your rollover crash was caused by someone else, you need help determining exactly who is at fault. Many drivers could have contributed to your accident, including drivers in other lanes or far away from you. In a multi-car pileup due to weather or other conditions, the actions of others can affect many motorists.
It is not always easy to understand who is truly to blame for your crash. While you are recovering, you are in no condition to undertake an investigation. Collecting evidence and analyzing what happened is something your rollover accident lawyer in Collierville can manage for you. Our legal team has helped thousands of people in the Memphis tri-state area.
Some possible individuals or entities who could be held responsible for your crash include:
- The driver of a car that collided with yours
- A driver who rear-ended the car behind you, pushing them into your SUV
- Someone who changed lanes in front of you, causing you to take evasive action
- The manufacturer of your truck or SUV who produced a vehicle prone to rollovers
- The dealership or other vendor who sold the vehicle
- A parts producer who sold defective parts that contributed to your crash
- Government agencies who failed to maintain the road, leaving debris or uneven terrain that led to your accident
Your attorney will gather the information that can shed light on who is liable for your injuries. Photos, videos, witness statements, police reports, cell phone records, auto repair histories, and details about the road and weather conditions can all be useful. In addition, your GKBM team will hire an independent accident reconstruction investigator to recreate how the crash happened.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
How Comparative Negligence Could Affect Your Rollover Claim
- In Tennessee, many individuals and entities can be held responsible for an accident, including the victims. While you likely did not contribute to your own crash, insurance adjusters and defendants will try to pin the blame on you to reduce the amount they must pay. Insurance companies protect their profits and are not your friend.
- Likewise, a lawyer for the person who caused you to crash will want to minimize the fault assigned to their client. You need a highly experienced Collierville rollover accident attorney who will fight to ensure this does not happen. If you are found partly liable, it can affect what you recover.
- Tennessee’s modified comparative negligence rule means that if you are found to be 50% or more liable for your crash, you cannot receive any compensation. If your fault is assigned at less than 50%, your restitution will be reduced by that percentage. As you can see, it is worth your time and effort to hire an attorney who will protect you from this rule as much as possible.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Compensation You Can Claim from a Collierville Rollover Accident
- There are many ways you can receive financial compensation for the injuries and damages you sustained in a rollover accident in Tennessee. The state requires that the at-fault driver must pay for the losses of anyone they hurt in a crash, so you can start by filing a claim against their insurance policy.
- Because rollover accidents tend to be so damaging, you may have more expenses than the other driver’s insurance limits can cover so you risk being left with bills you cannot pay. Remember that insurance adjusters are not eager to pay out claims if they can delay, deny, or reduce your request. If you have very high bills, you may need to pursue a personal injury lawsuit.
- Your rollover accident attorney in Collierville has handled many cases like yours and can help you compile a list of damages to seek, including economic and non-economic ones.
These are costs with a specific dollar amount, such as medical bills, lost income, and property damage. Your attorney knows these are likely the largest part of your compensation request and will help you account for past, present, and future expenses. You should not be left with bills for lengthy care because you did not ask for it.
This kind of loss addresses how your life has been affected by the aftermath of the crash. Insurance companies usually only pay for non-economic damages, so you may need to file a lawsuit to recover for your pain and suffering.
You deserve compensation for every bit of inconvenience and discomfort you have experienced from someone else’s negligence. You may no longer be able to enjoy your hobbies or intimacy with your partner. You could develop anxiety or depression, or you could suffer isolation due to disfiguring scars.
All your intangible losses must be accounted for and repaid.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
Speak with a Collierville Rollover Accident Lawyer Who Can Help
Some attorneys handle cases across the legal spectrum. We have experience in many areas, but we focus on accidents and personal injury. We know how to protect our clients, their rights, and their potential compensation.
At Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, we are focused on providing aggressive representation for victims like you. We put the full force of our knowledge and background to work on your case and are with you every step of the way. To speak with a Collierville rollover accident lawyer who can help you, use our convenient contact form to schedule your free consultation today.