Many Americans use rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft every day. Rideshare drivers are human and they can make mistakes behind the wheel that result in injuries to their passengers and other motorists.
You probably cannot sue Uber or Lyft if you were injured in an accident caused by the driver’s negligence. Rideshare companies provide supplemental insurance coverage, which can be used to recover damages from the driver who caused the accident.
After a rideshare accident leaves you injured, the best thing you can do is contact Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC. Uber and Lyft accident lawyers have been fighting for their clients for years and can provide you with a free initial case evaluation.
When to Call an Uber & Lyft Rideshare Accident Attorney in Collierville
As a company and a driver, Uber and Lyft must ensure the safety of their passengers, adhering to safety guidelines and ensuring a safe environment, not just for them but for other motorists, passengers, and pedestrians.
Companies must make concerted efforts to mitigate the risks associated with specific drivers. Drivers who deviate from their duties are liable for their actions and the companies. Compensation may be available to ridesharing-related car accident victims for:
- Costs of medical care
- Wages that were compromised or lost as a result of the accident
- Psychiatric, psychological, and emotional suffering as a result of an accident or its consequences
- Funeral expenses and pain and suffering compensation
You have a limited duration during which you can file a claim. This is a time-sensitive issue and every second counts. Claims are subject to time limits.
You will be guided through the process of seeking maximum compensation for your injuries and damages by Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorneys who are experts in these types of legal matters.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
What to Do After an Uber & Lyft Accident in Collierville
Following an Uber or Lyft ridesharing car accident, you should take these six critical steps.
- File an accident report. The benefits of Uber’s generous insurance policy will apply if you report an Uber accident immediately. You should also contact the police because a favorable police report can be used to bargain with the insurance company but won’t be admissible in court.
- Document the incident. If you are making your police report, take pictures of the accident and write down your side of the story. Medical treatment records should be kept since the evidence decides Uber accident claims.
- Obtain information. You should write down the names of everyone involved in the accident, including drivers, injured parties, and witnesses. These people will also need to provide you with their contact information and be sure to obtain the insurance information of the other driver.
- Get medical help. It is possible to suffer hidden injuries, including whiplash or concussions, even when you appear fine. Your injuries are also linked to the Uber accident, which is beneficial.
- Don’t accept any premature settlement offers. There is a high likelihood that you will be emotionally distraught and mentally foggy after a severe accident. The opposing party will exploit these infirmities.
- Consult a Collierville Uber & Lyft rideshare accident attorney. You are likely to receive a generous settlement from an Uber & Lyft rideshare accident lawyer in Collierville. They can file a lawsuit if necessary.
The driver’s liability depends on whether they were using the app at the time of the accident. Negotiations can be complicated due to the involvement of more than one party. Without an experienced personal injury lawyer, you may be unable to maximize your compensation.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
Eligible Uber Accident Injury Compensation
There is no difference between Uber and Lyft accidents and other motor vehicle accidents regarding how insurance policies are applied based on whether the driver was intoxicated, reckless, careless, or distracted when the crash occurred. A victim’s compensation may be further limited if the insurance company blames them for the accident, denies a legitimate claim, delays compensation, or takes other bad faith actions.
To help victims recover maximum compensation after a crash, Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, tenaciously challenges ridesharing and insurance companies. Reviewing all insurance policies can help you determine which ones apply and how much compensation you should receive. Getting what you deserve and need won’t be easy for us.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
How Much Can You Recover?
Uber or Lyft accident compensation amounts vary depending on a variety of factors. Any compensation you receive should be intended to replace any losses you incur due to the collision. Insurance coverage is another relevant factor. Accident victims may seek compensation up to the limits of the liable party’s or parties’ policy, but these limits often apply in practice.
We will accurately determine the financial and non-financial harm you have suffered, and we will seek maximum compensation. The insurance settlement will be negotiated if it can be negotiated favorably. The jury will be convinced of your right to total compensation if we have to take your case to trial.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
Are Uber and Lyft Drivers Liable?
In the case of an accident, Uber drivers are liable because they are independent contractors, not employees. Therefore, Uber drivers must have their auto insurance. Uber’s liability coverage kicks in only when the Uber app is open, and the car is being used for work.
Uber class action lawsuits are difficult to win. If you’ve been injured in an accident, suing Uber, the company, won’t get you very far. The driver of the Uber vehicle would be at fault if an Uber accident occurred.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
Call a Collierville Uber & Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
Rideshare service popularity is likely to increase Uber accident rates. You can contact us if you have been injured in an Uber accident or if an Uber vehicle has otherwise caused you harm.
Victims know they can count on our lawyers at Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, to stand up and fight for them. No matter where your case goes, we will be passionate, driven, and committed to achieving results. Contact us to learn more about how we can help you by scheduling a free consultation with an experienced legal advocate.