An Oakville rollover accident can leave you with a serious injury. Yet, the driver responsible for your accident can go unpunished. However, you can file a personal injury lawsuit to hold this driver responsible for your damages.
Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC offers legal help with rollover accidents. We can connect you with an experienced Oakville personal injury lawyer today. When we do, our attorney can review your case and help you file your lawsuit.
Why Oakville Rollover Accidents Happen
Common reasons why a car rolls over include:
A car “trips” when it strikes a curb, ditch, or anything else that causes the vehicle’s weight to shift to one side. In this instance, the car becomes unbalanced. If the car turns quickly and is traveling at a high speed, it can roll over.
Speeding happens every day — and it puts motorists and pedestrians in danger. When a driver speeds around a curve, their car can lose its grip on the road. If this happens, the car becomes increasingly likely to roll over.
Poor Weather Conditions
Heavy rain and other harsh weather conditions can make the roads slick. If a driver does not slow down in poor weather, this individual can lose control of their vehicle. The result: a rollover accident occurs.
It is a driver’s responsibility to follow the rules of the road and travel cautiously. If a driver causes a rollover accident in Oakville that injures someone else, this individual can be held accountable. At this point, anyone injured due to the driver’s negligence can partner with an Oakville rollover accident attorney to pursue damages.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
What to Do if You Are Involved in a Rollover Accident in Oakville
If a rollover accident occurs in Oakville, you need to respond accordingly. Otherwise, you risk mistakes that can impact your ability to seek the most damages possible. Here are things you should do after an accident:
- Call 911. This allows you to request medical personnel and police to go to your accident scene and help you and anyone else who has suffered injuries.
- Take photos. Use your smartphone to capture photos of any vehicle damage or injuries you incur.
- Get the contact information of anyone involved. Request the name, phone number, and other contact information of the driver involved in your accident and any witnesses.
Do not wait to reach out to a rollover accident lawyer in Oakville. This allows you to discuss your rollover accident with a legal professional. The lawyer can look at your case and help you determine if now is the best time to request damages.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
How Damages Work in an Oakville Rollover Accident Case
You can request economic and non-economic damages in an Oakville rollover accident case. There are several reasons why people seek damages following rollover accidents. These include:
- Costs associated with physical therapy, surgery, and other treatments required due to an injury that occurred during the accident
- Lost wages due to an individual’s inability to work following the accident
- Pain and suffering an accident victim suffers after the accident
A rollover accident attorney in Oakville takes the time to explain damages and respond to any legal questions you have. The lawyer helps you calculate a fair amount of damages to request from any at-fault parties, too. Also, once you file your lawsuit, your attorney helps you resolve your case in as little time as possible.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
What to Expect When You Are Getting Ready for an Oakville Rollover Accident Trial
Your attorney will help you prepare for your trial date. To do so, your attorney will:
- Gather and review evidence with you
- Identify potential witnesses that can testify on your behalf
- Teach you about the trial process and what can happen during your legal proceedings
Your lawyer makes the most of their time leading up to your trial date. During this period, you and your lawyer will work together to build a strong argument to present to a judge or jury. Your attorney will also keep you in the loop about any settlement proposals that come your way.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
How to Respond to an Oakville Rollover Accident Settlement Proposal
The defendant in your Oakville rollover accident case can come forward with a settlement offer at any point before your trial. This individual may do so in the hopes of getting you to accept less money than you originally requested. If you work with a top-notch attorney, you can get help as you evaluate any settlement proposal and make an informed decision about it.
If you receive a settlement, you have three options on how to proceed with it:
- Accept the offer and close your case
- Decline the offer and move forward with your litigation
- Counter the offer and let the defendant decide the next step in your litigation
There are pros and cons to any decision you make regarding a settlement offer. Your attorney will help you weigh your options. Then, you can decide if a settlement proposal matches your expectations.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
What to Do When Your Oakville Rollover Accident Case Goes to Trial
If no settlement is reached, you and the defendant in your rollover accident case will go to trial. It can take hours or days to complete your trial. Your lawyer will be at your side for the duration of your legal proceedings.
When your rollover accident trial gets underway, your attorney advocates for you to a judge or jury. During your trial, your lawyer will:
- President evidence to show a judge or jury why you deserve to be awarded damages
- Question witnesses to support your request for damages or dispute the defendant’s argument against you
- Provide a closing argument that summarizes your request for damages
A judge or jury considers all of the information provided by a plaintiff and defendant. If your attorney has made a compelling argument, a judge or jury will understand your position. In this instance, you are well equipped to receive the maximum amount of damages.
Get Started with an Oakville Rollover Accident Lawsuit
Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC is available to help you with your rollover accident lawsuit. To learn more or request a consultation, please contact us today.