Rear-end collisions are prevalent throughout Olive Branch and Mississippi. They are the most common car accidents in the United States, and while they seem minor, they leave victims with extensive medical bills and injuries.
Victims may suffer superficial cuts and bruises, yet they can experience scarring that has painful consequences. No matter how severe your injuries are, you should speak with an Olive Branch personal injury lawyer from Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, to determine your compensation options.
Understanding a Rear-End Collision
Rear-end collisions are also known as fender benders because the front bumper of a vehicle collides with the back of another. While the rear driver is the cause of the accident, they are not exempt from injuries. Anyone in a rear-end collision can suffer injuries and losses, but the person who was hit from behind is usually affected the most.
Pile-ups, where multiple cars are involved, can also result in rear-end collisions. One vehicle hits another, and successive cars and trucks continue to collide with the vehicles in front of them. With multiple participants, the challenge of finding who is truly liable becomes a task best suited for a skilled rear-end accident lawyer.
Contact Our Firm Today
Start With a Free, No-Obligation ConsultationFree Case Review
Why Rear-End Collisions Happen
Negligence is often why these collisions happen, but the leading causes are the following:
- Speeding: Going too fast for current conditions or breaking posted speed limits doesn’t leave room for error. When another vehicle stops suddenly, it is hard for the speeding driver to react and avoid an accident.
- Distracted driving: When a driver is paying attention to a phone or other passengers, these distractions prevent the driver from reacting in time when the vehicle in front stops or slows unexpectedly.
- Tailgating: Following too closely is dangerous and does not give the driver space to stop or slow down to react to traffic. It is the most common cause of rear-end collisions.
- Severe driver fatigue: Driving when you are tired is similar to driving under the influence. When drivers do not get enough sleep, their judgment and vision are affected. Drivers cannot recognize objects like people and vehicles in front of them.
- Poor road conditions: The weather can make the roads slippery and dangerous for drivers. Ice or heavy rain can increase the distance you need for braking, and misjudging the space required leads to rear-end crashes.
- Impaired driving: When drivers have drugs or alcohol in their system, their reaction time, vision, and judgment are affected.
- Mechanical defects: Brakes, tires, and steering components that are worn out or fail at the wrong moment can cause a rear-end collision. Drivers can lose control or be unable to stop when brakes fail or tires blow out.
Drivers must maintain their vehicles, drive sober, and consider other motorists on the road. When they fail to drive safely and choose to act negligently, their actions can alter lives forever. Victims of rear-end collisions can seek justice and compensation for their injuries by speaking with an Olive Branch rear-end collision lawyer to seek legal guidance.
Get a free case review today. There`s no fee unless we win!
Injuries Caused by Rear-End Collisions
Injuries range from minor cuts to permanent physical disabilities. Drivers and passengers in the same vehicle can suffer vastly different injuries in the same crash, depending on the circumstances. Pedestrians or bicyclists passing in front of your car when you are hit from behind could be injured, putting even more liability on the shoulders of the driver who rear-ended you.
Common rear-end collision injuries include:
- Joint injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Chronic neck pain
- Spinal cord injuries
- Herniated discs
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Bone fractures
- Internal bleeding
- External head injuries
- Disfigurement and facial locations
Rear-end collisions can also result in the death of motorists and other innocent bystanders. Injuries require medical care like physical therapy, medications, surgeries, and more. When someone dies, there is no way to get them back. Regardless of your injuries, you must speak with a rear-end collision attorney in Olive Branch, MS, to recover compensation for your losses.
Over $500 Million
Recovered on Behalf
of Our Clients
Parties Who Can Be Held Responsible
Personal injury claims are very complex. The rear driver usually bears most of the responsibility for an accident if they do not keep their distance while driving. To successfully win compensation, you must prove that the rear driver owed you a duty of care, breached their duty, and directly caused your injuries and losses.
Fighting for the MAXIMUM
Money for You
Compensation Available for Rear-End Collision Injuries
Compensation is available for a rear-end collision but winning it can be challenging for you and your Olive Branch rear-end collision attorney. Insurance companies can be unwilling to work with you and give you the reimbursement you deserve for your injuries and losses. They may claim you only need compensation for your current expenses or insist that you do not need money for non-economic damages.
They are wrong and trying to protect their bottom line. Your GKBM lawyer will fight back for you to ensure every penny of your losses is covered and reimbursed. The damages you may recover from a rear-end accident claim include the following:
- Emotional distress
- Diminished future earnings
- Medical bills
- Future medical costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Personal property repairs or replacements.
These accidents are unique because insurance companies may focus on delaying compensation and diminishing your injuries instead of denying culpability. They know there are few excuses they can use to get out of paying for your damages, so they may choose to offer you less or delay your payment. Letting your attorney negotiate for you takes the pressure off you while you heal.
Put Montesi`s Power
Lawyers to Work for You
Call a Rear-End Collision Lawyer in Olive Branch Today
A rear-end collision can upend your life and leave you with long-term losses. You did not cause the accident and should not have to pay for these expenses. Time is limited to file a claim, and insurance companies will try to diminish your losses and delay your claim.
After a rear-end collision, contact the office of Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu & Montesi, PLC, to schedule a consultation with an Olive Branch rear-end collision lawyer. Our firm helps accident victims across Mississippi recover damages from these accidents, and we are standing by to help you.